another ppumped build thread

Good Imtensions

start from the beginning of my Cummins path back in 2008 i bought my first cummins when i was 17. sold it and bought a 24v a year later. as soon as i found out that you could ppump a 24v i wanted to do it but never really had the money. 4 trucks later and 2 vps here we are finally building my dream truck/ engine. back ground of the truck. 2001 24v with 240k miles on it. bought it two years ago as a plow truck from original owner. truck had 208k when i bought it and it was little rotted. it lasted stock for about a year. it had its original vp44 in it until last 218K miles and still has the stock trans in it. i tore the truck apart starting last year.... new; rockers, cab corners, fenders, factory take off bed that has been in storage since 99, cowl hood, third gen leather seat swap, carpet and a combination of suspension parts to make a 5.5" lift. now you are up to speed factory engine in the truck leaks at; front cover, rear main seal, and oil pan. so instead of replacing all of them i decided to rebuild a whole new engine. i got an 01 block from another member on here out in western mass and bought a 12v engine from a guy near Rhode Island that had only 30k miles on it i felt kinda guilty buying it knowing i was going to blow it apart for parts for my build. so i dug into it last weekend. ordered a few parts and i am starting the rebuild this week end. i will get pics then and post a few up.

Do yourself a favor and just rebuild the 12V.

Or since it only has 30k, do some upgrades and run it.

Last edited:
i like my p pump 24 a lot, i have two of them at the moment

Save your money and just swap in the 12 valve, I wish that's what I'd done. There's no real benefit unless you are trying for every last little drop of power. And you wouldn't have to deal with custom parts, cracking leaking fuel lines etc. Unless you just want to have one.

Back