Antifreeze

zstroken

For $$$ your name here
What antifreeze is everyone running? I need something that is available at a place that doesn't have a cummins store.

I run good ol' green. Zerex is available for the newer models also.

Dexcool...orange...

I've always heard NOT to mix the stuff...orange with Green........Anyone confirm??

The drawback to mixing it is your long life stuff is no longer long life!

Dex-cool should not have been in that truck from the factory or someone missed a memo. Also, Zerex is more orange where DexCool is more red...

the 3rd gens did come with a orange antifreeze assuming dexcool. Do not mix the orange and green. they will mix together and make a mud like substance. I have seen it personally on a Detroit Series 60.

the 3rd gens did come with a orange antifreeze assuming dexcool. Do not mix the orange and green. they will mix together and make a mud like substance. I have seen it personally on a Detroit Series 60.

Thats what I thought...Same on mixing!! Bad Things!!!

AAp green stuff with some baldwin coolant conditioner and a bottle or two of water wetter!

The coolant in the newer trucks isn't Dexcool. It's good ol Mopar coolant. G-05 is the equivalent of the Mopar standard. Take it for what it's worth but it isn't Dexcool.

both mine are the regular green stuff. But both were completely empty and dry prior to puting it in. Don't mix the two...

Do not mix the orange and green. they will mix together and make a mud like substance. I have seen it personally on a Detroit Series 60.

x2!!!

Never mix the two.

Furthermore, from what I have seen, Dex Cool does not appear to cool as well.

Dex Cool also seems to like to eat rubber and other gaskets in the cooling system. The few GM vehicles that I have owned over the years have all had the Dex Cool crap flushed and good old green ethylene glycol antifreeze put in. No problems after that.

I use the john deere stuff

I have heard good things about the Deere stuff too. Haven't tried it yet though.

I went with Prestone green, say it will work with anti freeze.

I had a 98 GMC quad cab and mixed green and orange and it ate the gasket on the water pump, and ate the inside of the hoses until they were soft and popped. When I went to replace the hose on the thermostat housing, I noticed the aluminum hosing was corroded on the inside. I imagine the entire water jacket looked the same. I replaced everything, started it and drove to the dodge dealer and bought my 02 cummins.

Back