Any decent diesel machine shop's in Florida?

sleepin-sport

Every machine shop i've asked in south florida about machining a block or head for fire-rings :what: have never heard or done such a thing. I'd figure maybe some of the guys that pull in central florida or the west coast have someone they'd recommend..?

Thanks

any decent engine machine shop can handle doing that. fire rings are not a diesel specific thing. if a machine shop doesnt know what they are, they shouldnt be in the business.

send a PM to Gary ( Wrongway ) here at the forum. He has a shop in Lakeland ( Southern Diesel Performance ) and may be able to direct you to a good shop.

any decent engine machine shop can handle doing that. fire rings are not a diesel specific thing. if a machine shop doesnt know what they are, they shouldnt be in the business.

That's what I thought. When I explained what it's used for, they told me cosmetic head gaskets hold just fine on the BBC they build :bang

send a PM to Gary ( Wrongway ) here at the forum. He has a shop in Lakeland ( Southern Diesel Performance ) and may be able to direct you to a good shop.

Thanks, will do

If it comes down to it, I'll ship it freight to Jeff. I'll end up taking my truck eventually to have it tuned by him.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just ordered a fire-ring gasket on friday so atleast the local machine shop's can see what i'm talking about.

thanks 2tone12v, I looked into them and found out stuckey has a guy in his team that used to work there.

i know an awesome machine shop in West Palm, ::Total Engine Concepts::. Total Engine Concepts, my engine is there now, i am having balacing,decking and reinstalling my rotating assembly with new pistons. they are really good guys to deal with.here is there number 561-842-2813, ask for Mike. as far as cylinder head work Extreme Cylinder Heads in Palm City here is there number 772-286-1660 Bill. he has my cylinder head, i am having him install new valve seats on my head. Bill does crazy cylinder head work and was employed by TEC before he went on his own doing just cylinder head work. these guys are artist in what they do, hands down the do some of the best work in South Florida.

Every machine shop i've asked in south florida about machining a block or head for fire-rings :what: have never heard or done such a thing. I'd figure maybe some of the guys that pull in central florida or the west coast have someone they'd recommend..?

Thanks

Get with Eddie at GDP... his machinest Herb does great work. Have him do a port and Polish on it too!

Yeah, I just ordered a fire-ring gasket on friday so atleast the local machine shop's can see what i'm talking about.

thanks 2tone12v, I looked into them and found out stuckey has a guy in his team that used to work there.

Stuckeys crew chief Robert Donaldson does work there. All I have is his cell number. Don't have shop number for ya. I get lots of stuff from them. Great guys.

Back