any harm with the biggest airdog?

PRINCETON_JAKE

i have a 94 12valve dodge, right now its pretty much stock, but when i do put on a aftermarket fuel pump is there any harm in going with like a DF-200 or FPII-250, if i dont have a ton of mods? I would rather not buy a DF-100 and have to buy a bigger one down the road if i do need it.

When i do install a pump i will be removing ALL the stock stuff and putting in a drawstraw and bigger lines with maybe a dual feed in the injection pump, so are the DF or FPII series available as JUST the pump/filter assemble, or do you have to buy them as a kit and throgh the rest in the garbage? All i can find anywhere is the kits.

Thanks, Jake

Since the pumps are internally regulated they will not be sending 250 GPH to your pump, just enough fuel to provide the set pressure, which WOT on a 400hp rig is about 25 GPH plus the return.

The advantage to the bigger pumps is they maintain the pressure at higher flow rates.

In my head a big pump will kill its self if not enough fuel is being used, even with the internal regulator, again, in my head, i would think removing the overflow valve on the injection pump and using a banjo fitting with a remote high flow regulator might be an option, otherwise using a small raptor for now and adding a second one (if needed) down the road (parellel) Or if i can find a mechanical pump that would work, and yet affordable, that would be an option. I cant have a belt driven one under the engine due to i do leave pavement sometimes, and also with the snow we get here in Minnesota

i have a 94 12valve dodge, right now its pretty much stock, but when i do put on a aftermarket fuel pump is there any harm in going with like a DF-200 or FPII-250, if i dont have a ton of mods? I would rather not buy a DF-100 and have to buy a bigger one down the road if i do need it.

When i do install a pump i will be removing ALL the stock stuff and putting in a drawstraw and bigger lines with maybe a dual feed in the injection pump, so are the DF or FPII series available as JUST the pump/filter assemble, or do you have to buy them as a kit and throgh the rest in the garbage? All i can find anywhere is the kits.

Thanks, Jake

BUMP

What kind of HP do you plan on making? The DF165 is usually enough to support anything in upwards of 700hp on a 12v. The kit for your particular truck would come with everything you need to install it, lines, fittings etc.

What kind of HP do you plan on making? The DF165 is usually enough to support anything in upwards of 700hp on a 12v. The kit for your particular truck would come with everything you need to install it, lines, fittings etc.

Like i said, its pretty much stock right now, i wont ever be at 700, but i would rather have a pump bigger then i "need".

So your saying i cant get just a pump assemble, only a complete kit? i wont be using any of the lines or fittings supplied, im going a different route if i do it.

Then the 165 would be all you would need.

Nope, all the AirDog kits come with everything. As of right now we don't offer just the motor and base assembly without everything else.

You can maybe ask some of the vendors and see if they would sell you just the pump, base and brackets.

Back