Any improvements on the Gt4094R yet?

RonA

Jose.
I wanted to ask if you still had any of the improved wheels for the Gt55. My truck has just been sitting and I could send it in any time.
Also wondering if you hade done anything new that might be an improvement on the 4094R. Mines been great(haven't had a thrust bearing issue since I swapped out the BW 64/71) but I keep wondering if a larger turbine(like the 4294R) might be a better match for the 6.7. We had the head gone through on the 6.7 and picked up 37% flow on the exhaust and 43% on the intake nersus the head on my 5.9. Hoping it might be able to handle it bit larger turbine .
Thanks.
Ron Allen

interested in this as well, like a GTX4094? I would love to get my garret spool up back this 468 is not quite like the 4094 for some reason.

interested in this as well, like a GTX4094? I would love to get my garret spool up back this 468 is not quite like the 4094 for some reason.

I just bought a very low mileage 4294R from one of the few people I would buy a used turbo from. It has a nick in the compressor wheel so it is being sent to Forced inductions to get a new wheel and a once over. When it comes back you would be welcome to try it out if you want. I don't need it for a while and this way you could at least see if it was a step in the right direction for you. Just let me know.

RonA

Jose.
I wanted to ask if you still had any of the improved wheels for the Gt55. My truck has just been sitting and I could send it in any time.
Also wondering if you hade done anything new that might be an improvement on the 4094R. Mines been great(haven't had a thrust bearing issue since I swapped out the BW 64/71) but I keep wondering if a larger turbine(like the 4294R) might be a better match for the 6.7. We had the head gone through on the 6.7 and picked up 37% flow on the exhaust and 43% on the intake nersus the head on my 5.9. Hoping it might be able to handle it bit larger turbine .
Thanks.
Ron Allen
Quick thread hijack- Where did you have your head done, Ron?

I just bought a very low mileage 4294R from one of the few people I would buy a used turbo from. It has a nick in the compressor wheel so it is being sent to Forced inductions to get a new wheel and a once over. When it comes back you would be welcome to try it out if you want. I don't need it for a while and this way you could at least see if it was a step in the right direction for you. Just let me know.

RonA

I will get in contact with you, Thanks Ron

Bump, Jose! I have a gt4094r also on a 6.7 and would like to know if anything new came out?

Bump, can anything be done on the exhaust side of the 4094?

Bump, can anything be done on the exhaust side of the 4094?

Checked into that, not going to happen. If they would make a 4094 with a gt42 turbine it would be a huge hit but so far the only way to do that is a custom charger and all the cost that comes with that. I will have some info soon that might interest you I will let you know.

Checked into that, not going to happen. If they would make a 4094 with a gt42 turbine it would be a huge hit but so far the only way to do that is a custom charger and all the cost that comes with that. I will have some info soon that might interest you I will let you know.

Wouldn't a 4094 with GT42 turbine be a GT4294??:poke:

Wouldn't a 4094 with GT42 turbine be a GT4294??:poke:

You got me to laugh and search, inducer on the compressor is a little different 70 vs 67 exducer is the same though at 94. If they would make a 66/73/.90 they would be in the money but they seem to want to let the ar start to get big in the gt42 turbine, 1.01 is the smallest I think. They spool good but I would think it would be a little lazy for the street, my 4094 with a 1.06 was a little lazy in certain situations I would think the bigger turbine would compound the problem. My buddy tried the 1.06 4094 on a 5.9 and could not make any boost until a little over 2000.

I started with a 4088r with a .85 housing and ran it for a while like that. It never did feel right though, it would surge while on the throttle and bark when I let off. I kept telling Tom I was going to get him a drive pressure reading and finally I did. With stock fueling, stock programming and a Diesel Pros drop in cam, drive pressure was 60+lbs while boost was 30lbs. I told him the numbers and sent mine back in to go with a 4094r and a larger housing and he sent me back a 4094r with a 1.06 housing. It spools the same as the 4088r for me, wasn't lazy at any range. I did have a good cam, maybe thats why.

54 psi boost to 92 psi drive with a 4094 with a stock cam and a 1.06 housing. I am curious as to what aer212 is seeing with his cam as I run the same cam with a different charger now.

I think the 4094 is better as a secondary charger than as a single. I'm assuming that the 54/92 number was without an external wastegate. With the small turbine, running without an external wastegate would be a bad idea.

54 psi boost to 92 psi drive with a 4094 with a stock cam and a 1.06 housing. I am curious as to what aer212 is seeing with his cam as I run the same cam with a different charger now.

I would be also but its in rebuild mode, I now have the DP3 from Fletch. I think when I finally get it back together it will have a 4294 or 4202. What would you recommend for a garrett bb with specs like these: DP3 cam, 200hp nozzles, smarty, p&p head with side mount?

I think the 4094 is better as a secondary charger than as a single. I'm assuming that the 54/92 number was without an external wastegate. With the small turbine, running without an external wastegate would be a bad idea.

Yea that was no gate and it was a bad idea

I would be also but its in rebuild mode, I now have the DP3 from Fletch. I think when I finally get it back together it will have a 4294 or 4202. What would you recommend for a garrett bb with specs like these: DP3 cam, 200hp nozzles, smarty, p&p head with side mount?

Oh wow you are going big I would think the GTX 4294 would be about perfect for that. That is just an educated guess though the AR still gets me it is kinda big for the street. What kind of power do you want to make it looks like you are going for the 850-900 range?

I'm going to be trying my 4202 as a single soon and I'll post how it goes.

If you get a tight T4 housing, it should be half decent. Mine was alive and well by 2500 rpm with the T6, 55 psi out of it.

Back