Anybody Around Austin or College Station?

BigBadBrown

Hey guys. I've found a 6 speed swap that im going to buy here in the classifieds. What i really need is some help here. It's got pretty much everything to swap over except the pedal and i'm going to upgrade to SB clutch, and SB HD hydraulics. If anyone knows where to get those parts it would be greatly appreciated. Also, im probably going to need some help putting all this stuff in. If anybody would like to help, i'll gladly buy you all the beer you can drink in a day and even try and compensate with what i can.
Thanks in advance
BigBadBrown
a.k.a mike

Hey mike. Depending on what days i might be able to lend some assistance. Never done a conversion swap before but I'm always up for beer drinking and wrenching.

BigBadBrown said:
If anybody would like to help, i'll gladly buy you all the beer you can drink in a day

BigBadBrown
a.k.a mike

Ok, I dont think anybody in college Station has a diesel or drinks beer.
good luck trying to find somebody.LOL LOL LOL

Ok blue posted at the same time.

I'd like to try it. I'm not really in a big hurry to get in (but i am like a kid waiting for Christmas morning lol), and really its just whatever day you would be free. My brother would be there and probably a couple of my buddys. Keep in mind that im only 17, but brothers 22 so beer is no problem. Lee county's one of the wettest in the state anyway haha.

Lots of diesels and diesel guys in College Station. Lots of new 2nd gens in town this semester. Red dually with black wheels and a single black stack.....gray 2wd 6spd qc shortbed with a Wicked Diesels sticker on the back. The dude in gray 2wd has been cruising town non stop, seem him 5 or 6times already. I think on DTR College Station was the #3 place for most site hits, best i recall anyway. Been banned from DTR for a long time now.

I have a buddy that will do anything for beer...and he doesn't care if its hot and flat beer either! he's worked on my cummins several times and now works on my jeep and dune buggy. PM me and i'll get some contact info together.

I've been known to throw a couple of cold one's down. I'm 22 also so beer isn't a problem for me either. :D I got a couple of buddy's in elgin that might be interested as well but I ain't sure.

Well man im not going to lie to you here. I really have no idea about manuals. I find auto's even more confusing but i have a basic understanding of them. I've never been able to work on a manual though so i basically have no experience and would be looking to learn as much as possible, along with lifting the heavy parts for anybody thats willing to help...i'm pretty strong.

To bad you don't live a bit closer to MS, the thought of a slushbox has been getting more and more tempting........

Once you get it all done, figure out what you want for the tranny PCM etc out of your truck and PM me please, I might just be interested.

yeah thats to bad. I wasn't aware that i was going to need a new pcm. Just thought that i was going to have to take the truck to the dealership and have them reflash the ecm.

BgBlDodge said:
I've been known to throw a couple of cold one's down. I'm 22 also so beer isn't a problem for me either. :D I got a couple of buddy's in elgin that might be interested as well but I ain't sure.
Hell, yes! I'll do some wrenching. Always up for a good reason to drink! Just like the days of the ole' "compund"!

Guys. Looks like were going to have a good ol' meet and greet, and work on mine, and whoever else's truck is there to? Sounds like a danged good time.

Trust me, while eric might be able to hold a wrench you don't want him anywhere near your truck. Everytime he touches one something goes wrong. LOL

LMAO, it's all good around here. Beer drinkin, some wrenchin in between sounds like a great time to me! But like i said. I'm not sure how much i'm going to be. I have no idea about how to do this really. not exactly sure if i've got all the parts that i need but i know that i need a new clutch, and new hydraulics, new pedal assembly, and get the ecm reflashed. 5 30 packs of stones, or 24 packs of your choice. I'll pay for it. Ya'll can buy haha. But really this sounds like something that would be fun if ya'll could help me out.

I wish I was a bit closer to you, I'd drive out and we could just do two swaps at once. Yours to stick, mine to slushbox :D

Couple words of wisdom on the 5600, make sure you have a strap to hold it on the tranny jack, the bottom is rounded and it will not sit there right without one. If you don't have a lift get some TALL jackstands, as in drive the truck up on crossties THEN jack it up. Once the tranny is on the jack it will not fit under the truck on regular jackstands, and getting it back on the jack under the truck is not easy...ask me how I know LOL LOL

Get a tape out and measure, remember the five P's

Prior
Planning
Prevents
Piss
Poor Results

If we can get the dates right on a weekend I am available I will offer up my shop in Madisonville to do it. (Weekend=Beer time!) Jeremy.

Back