Anybody changed to a cooler T-Stat

sledshaker

My 2012 is running around 206 degrees going down the highway empty. Has anyone changed the t-stat out for a 180 or 190? Did it affect anything else other than the temp. drop? Just thinking when I delete this one, I may drop in a cooler t-stat. Any comments?

I did not change mine but a guy did over on cf that towed all the time and it worked out fine for him. I am not sure I would do it until you delete though I think they need the heat.

I'm thinking somewhere in there they put a 200 in, i'm guessing since mine runs around 206. Just wondering if anyone had changed it to keep the motor running cooler. Cooler motor= longer engine life, i would think.

My 03 has a 192* and runs 200-205 all day everyday. Hot or cold.

07 has a 190*. And runs the same.

They don't always run the exact temp of the t-stat rating.

My 2010 seemed to hover around 210 before deleting, it seems to be alittle bit cooler since deleting staying around 200-205. Its noticibly slower to warm up engine temp after deleting.

I changed mine out for a 180*, but that's because with the 190* my truck would reach 215* pretty quick at the track, I now have trouble getting it past 205*, it still gets up and goes the same though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back