anybody elses truck fuel like this with the adr???

The dyno tune I run is just as smooth as a drag box but all others do that on mine cept for test3

Hmm weird , I see he updated them today , I'll stick with the old dyno , mayb someone else will try it and see what happens

Hmm weird , I see he updated them today , I'll stick with the old dyno , mayb someone else will try it and see what happens

if he updated them today then its the older one that was there about a week ago

Ok from what all i have gathered. with the VP truck they are extra sensitive with all sensors and any electronic data the ecm recieves. So if there is a sensor that is not 100% the ecm is not getting correct data so the injector pump can not adjust the timing and fueling to accomidate.

All these problems i have been see is like a timing issues. But heck i am still chacing mine around

i was getting a map sensor voltage low code about a month ago ill try replacin that tommorrow and im gonna get it on a scanner too

I have also gather that the 01 and 02 truck are having some minor problems with ecm. I taked to haisly's the other day and they said they have come accros several truck with the same symptoms but none exactly the same all just a little different. They changed in a good ecm on all trucks and it cured the problem. They all had replaced sensor and everything tied into the ecm.

Just some food for thought.

this is a 99 but it does have a sticker on the front that says "the following modifications have been made" then it says ecm P/N 323639306J is this an 01 or 02 ecm by chance

this is a 99 but it does have a sticker on the front that says "the following modifications have been made" then it says ecm P/N 323639306J is this an 01 or 02 ecm by chance

okay i just looked it up and it is a 99 ecm so scratch that

forgot to add the popping starts at 2000rpms and starts to puff smoke at 3000

that is a really hard fueling tune to begin with, how does it run going down the road.
It does that on the road too or just free revving? I would expect a tune like that to have problems under a no load condition.

That is the truck fueling with no air. The dyno tunes and some of the other tunes I have done do not wait on boost or TPS. They just fuel based on RPM. So as the rpms climb the more fuel you will get. AS load increases so will the fuel.

I have some newer stuff going on the web today that will be better in a free rev situation. I also have a truck with a monster pump coming to see me Sat so we can mess with it and maybe stick it on the dyno.

That is the truck fueling with no air. The dyno tunes and some of the other tunes I have done do not wait on boost or TPS. They just fuel based on RPM. So as the rpms climb the more fuel you will get. AS load increases so will the fuel.

I have some newer stuff going on the web today that will be better in a free rev situation. I also have a truck with a monster pump coming to see me Sat so we can mess with it and maybe stick it on the dyno.

makes sense........

what kind of new stuff is going on the web??

Would that happen to be cliff coming to see you?

It does that on the road too or just free revving? I would expect a tune like that to have problems under a no load condition.

it does this goin down the road under full boost also

qzilla said:
I also have a truck with a monster pump coming to see me Sat so we can mess with it and maybe stick it on the dyno.

You peaked my intrest right there... as I hope to have the monster stage II pump and injectors by next year. Look forward to hearing how this goes!

The dyno tunes and some of the other tunes I have done do not wait on boost or TPS. They just fuel based on RPM. So as the rpms climb the more fuel you will get.

okay well why would adr 1000 do it also then, is this one of those tunes also??? i got on a good scanner today and truck has no codes whatsoever did a cylinder cut-out and a few other things... im gonna go try stock crossovers right now....
im not tryin to be a pain in the ass im just tryin to get this figured out:bang:bang:bang

Back