Anyone doing rail/relief valve work besides T&C?

jlibert

I thought shane at motorsport was working on them, but I never heard back from a text and email. Anyone else doing modded rails, relief valves, etc?

I thought shane at motorsport was working on them, but I never heard back from a text and email. Anyone else doing modded rails, relief valves, etc?

I have a couple modded rails if your intrested shoot me a pm

If you've ever delt with Shane then you know he isn't worried about making a "sale".

I'm not sure what the intended hp or outcome is but there is a lot of hp made without modding the rail.

Last edited:
I should have been more clear. Looking to get a higher psi relief valve and adapter for the additional feed line. According to some, the 6.7 rail sucks and needs to be opened up. Others say 1400 hp + no problem on a stock 6.7 rail.

I should have been more clear. Looking to get a higher psi relief valve and adapter for the additional feed line. According to some, the 6.7 rail sucks and needs to be opened up. Others say 1400 hp + no problem on a stock 6.7 rail.

The injectors are the restriction, not the feed tubes or rail. The 6.7 does have smaller ports than 5.9 but those small ports are way bigger than the nozzles. IMO the only benefit I could see would be opening up the feed ports that come from the CP3(s). This may help recovery but have no first hand experience.

The 6.7 rail has those pressed in snubber's, a punch and 3 mins later that's taken care of.

The 6.7 rail has those pressed in snubber's, a punch and 3 mins later that's taken care of.

Didn't know that, I'll investigate. I'm more interested in hearing about your electronic relief valve setup. Would be nice to dump the rail after a run.

I've had this baby sitting in the garage for a while. Don't know how to mount it since the bottom right threads wouldn't have clearance. It would hit my side draft.

20150425_170434_zpsnxo4xdh1.jpg

Last edited:
It's a Bosch part number, I believe factory on a 6.7 Ford, I have no idea how you'd control it with a factory Cummins ECU though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ford::umno:

Oh well wasn't meant to be. I'm not dishing out crazy $$$$$ for a bosch standalone. I'm plenty happy with a 5.9 ecm on my 6.7! Thanks fleece:Cheer:

Ryan where can I get one of those reliefs and do I I have to have a standalone ecu to control it

Could it be controlled by an output on efi live?

Racepak's smartwire has programmable outputs. It could probably be programmed on rail pressure and throttle position.

The output is an on/off, this is to be controlled by 0-2000mA based on how far away commanded is from actual in an overshoot condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back