Anyone done a "over/under" style compounds with primary on top?

IMG_0597.jpg

Twin piping pictures, page18, dslhtrdr

Lots more pics of this setup.

I had looked at every picture in that entire thread and don't know how I missed this one! Actually some of them wouldn't load right on my phone, this may have been one of those. It's working now though! This is perfect thank you for finding this! I think this is very close to what I will be achieving.
I saved a lot of pics from that thread and subscribed to it, all for reference later on but this one is the closest I've seen in the body style I have to work with. Also saw where Carl did a similar setup in a 70's Chevy but some things had to be different to work around the truck yet it provided more room in other aspects. Each is so different I think that's what I love the most about twin setups. Almost no two setups are completely the same.
Thanks again!

My 06 has a S400 on top of a S300, I will try to get a pic up if your like.

This setup he is working on looks interesting. I saw it on facebook the other day. If I remember correctly, 88mm GT47 on the manifold and a 75mm as the primary mounted after the primary. I have to assume that the primary has one of the bigger turbine wheels in it. So even though the primary is first in the flow path, the larger turbine wheel is still second in the system.

Wait, what? So he's running the exhaust primary to secondary. Sounds laggy

did mine like this, took almost an afternoon

drove in with a single and left with twins

Attachments

• twins.jpg
    twins.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
its a 3/4'' hose that go's to the pan, its gonna drain like all of them.....gravity

How does posi trac work in a Plymouth? It just does!

Rich from Dog House Diesel just did a build with the primary on top... Not completed yet. Still waiting for him to finish..

I have thought of this on several occasions, and the idea seems sound. If I were to guess;

Manifold charger - GT4718 w/1.23-1.39AR
Lower charger - 75/100mm w/0.66AR and 74/83mm w/0.90-1.00AR

I'd be very interested to hear the results.

Last edited:
here is one of mine I found

Attachments

• compounds.jpg
    compounds.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 0
here is one of mine I found

I think you 3rd gen guys have more space between the hood and valve cover than the 2nd gen guys. But basically that's what we plan on eventually. He still has to stuff in a V-Twin air compressor as well.

I had looked at every picture in that entire thread and don't know how I missed this one! Actually some of them wouldn't load right on my phone, this may have been one of those. It's working now though! This is perfect thank you for finding this! I think this is very close to what I will be achieving.
I saved a lot of pics from that thread and subscribed to it, all for reference later on but this one is the closest I've seen in the body style I have to work with. Also saw where Carl did a similar setup in a 70's Chevy but some things had to be different to work around the truck yet it provided more room in other aspects. Each is so different I think that's what I love the most about twin setups. Almost no two setups are completely the same.
Thanks again!

I'm glad you like it. I've changed a couple things up since I took those pics (battery and intake) but the setup is overall the same. My down pipe was a b!tch to install but it fits.

Back