Anyone else has this Recall done? Effects on truck afterwards?

GMC2500HD

BONE CRACKER
Had this recall taken care of today and truck now seems to be sluggish and have less power than before.. Anyone else experience this?

2008 Ford F-250
NHTSA Campaign #: 07V139000
Manufacturer Campaign #: 07S49
Make: Ford
Model: F-250
Year: 2008
Component: Power train:automatic transmission:control module (tcm, pcm)
Manufacturers Involved: Ford motor company
Begin Date Of Manufacturing: 06/13/2006
End Date Of Manufacturing: 03/09/2007
Recall Type: V
Potential Number Of Units Affected: 33169
Date Owner Notified By Manufacturer: 04/03/2007
Recall Initiator: Mfr
Manufacturer Responsible For Recall: Ford motor company
Date Report Received By ODI: 03/26/2007
Date Added To File: 03/27/2007
Regulation Part #:
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard #:
Defect Summary: On certain trucks equipped with a 6.4l diesel engine, excessive temperatures in the diesel particulate filter in the exhaust system may result from excess hydrocarbons in the exhaust.
Consequence Summary: Lack of power or rough operation, unusual noises from the engine or exhaust, white smoke from the exhaust, and potentially a visible flame out the tailpipe can occur.
Corrective Action: Dealers will reprogram the power train control module. the recall began on april 3, 2007. owners may contact ford at 1-800-392-3673.

That's an old recall. Most trucks were re-flashed before they ever left the dealer lot.
I never read anyone complaining about the new flash, but I would bet most owners didn't have the ability to make a before and after comparison due to the truck being re-flashed before delivery

Well believe it or not my truck was made after that recall and they still said they needed to fix it on mine. Have to look at the build date and make sure of this.

If you run an oaisis report I think it will tell you if there are any recalls on the truck

Actually I did from the dealership and they asked me to bring it in. Needed some other issues taken care of as well so it was ok with me...

Back