Anyone ever put a 4bt in a dakota?

02psd7.3

I have an 07 quad short 2500 cummins i thought it would be cool to make a mini me truck.

I had a dakota next to me today that was a 4 door short bed same color as my 2500 and it made me think.

Has it been done?

Here is what i was thinking,
like said above i have an 07 2500 with 6 in lift 37in tires and prob around 600hp 6in stacks and stuff like that

on the dakota i was thinkin do like 3 in lift 33in tires with a 4bt at like 300hp (if that is a reachable number dont know enough about them) 3 or 4in stacks make it an identical truck just little

sorry for the rambling but what you guys think

how hard would it be?
what do you guys think it would cost?
just looking for any info so dont be shy :hehe:

thanks
tim

p.s. i hate when i start thinking it gets expensive:bang

Zach at hamilton cams has one. Ive heard of others.

I rekon the difficulty depends on the year of the truck.

the truck that i seen today that made me think was an 03 i like thet body style the best

Fitment wouldnt be an issue.

Use a GM trans a Tcase on the OE Cummins GM plate.

Dash, I have no idea.

I was hoping that i could get away with a body lift to clear the dash and all that.
what gm trans would work i was hoping for a manual trans of some sort. i wasnt too worried about a t case going more for looks than anything but a 4x4 would be cool

Does anyone have any contact info for someone that has done one?

Any chevy bolt pattern trans will work, body lift would clear the engine well. Most bread vans have 4bt and chevy TH400, swap the 400 to a 4x4 and roll on.

I was refering to the dash gauges.

O ok i would think that would be done best with an older truck than that had the mechanical spedo
the fuel guage should work fine as long as i use the factory pump
thinking more in to this i need to find a truck with minimal computer controls in it with manual guages

Not gonna happen, all the dodge stuff has to go though the computer.

If its like the rams you will have to have a tach signal to make everything work. Maybe your lucky and can clean the wires down to just the water temp and oil press sensors.

Wiring schematic would help loads.

i can get all of them through work we have the mitchel ondemand atthe shop it helps a ton

I am going to do some reasearch on this one it has really got me thinking now

They are kinda strict to a point but if u drive under 5000 miles you are except and diesels are also except. So having a diesel in It. will not even get an emission test. But also 96 and newer with obd2 just plug it in. If there no cel on it passes.

just putting a diesel in something doesn't make it a diesel in the eyes of the law.

especially if you use an engine that has never been offered in a light duty passenger vehicle.

don't get me wrong, I'm sure you can get around it one way or another, but I hate hassles like that :eek:

It can be done just keep it under 5000miles and everything is fine.

Not a problem to get around emissions here! Just file the papers with the state that your vehicle is now a diesel and engine information can be anything. The most that can be required on an '03 is a cat and muffler but the inspection laws have not even got to checking for cats on diesels.

Cumminsfever here on comp-d has a p-pumped 4bt in a 1500 chevy. The truck is older with approx. 225k on so it's nothin special but it's got some power...hope he gets it dynoed soon!

It also helps to know someone with their emission license and I happen to have one

Back