Anyone got a 2nd gen manifold on a 3rd gen?

20cumminsram05

Need More Red Bull...
I've been thinking of swapping out my stock exhaust manifold for a 2nd gen style. I have been told that this is "supposed to" cure the "HONDA FART CAN" :bang exhaust note...

Anyone done this and how does it sound strait piped??

It does certainly change the tone in your exhaust. I like how they sound. It has a differant tone then any other setup. I have a few clips of mine during a pull ill try to load if I can find the cable for the camera.

Rob,
Jared wants to put a 2piece on his 02 when he does his.....(whatever the fuch he's doing LOL)
maybe contact him and see what you guys can come up with $.02

i was going to add that 99.9% of third gens go to a 2nd gen 3 piece manifold for twins because of the turbo location when you flip the manifold.

I forget what hes got on there now, im suppose to meet up with him later so ill talk to him for you.

I just put a 2ndgen manifold on mine for the turbo i'm running. Def a different tone, no sound clips yet.

what down pipe did you use? and what did you do about the oil tube and the pipe to the intercooler? Thanks

what down pipe did you use? and what did you do about the oil tube and the pipe to the intercooler? Thanks

i used a HX 40 down pipe, also the oil line i used off of a 04 truck. but you can just cut the one on your truck and reconnect it using oil line. as for the intercooler pipe. it needs to be cut and clocked correctly. fits like a glove.

I've got a 2nd gen header on my CR... same turbo location as a 2nd gen manifold. the 2nd gen setup sounds a million times better.

a 2nd gen downpipe fits great... But, if you're using a 3rd gen turbine housing, you'll need to get a 3rd gen v-band flange that will fit over a 4" pipe. you can cut off the HX40 flange or just leave it on there. slide the 3rd gen flange over the pipe, tack it once you get everything in place, and pull the pipe out and final weld it. I'm using an HX40 flanged turbine housing.

I'm using a -4 AN feed line and fittings. I just cut the factory drain tube in half and used oil rated hose and some hose clamps to bridge the gap.

a 4" dia 45* elbow with an AFE filter is my intake setup. I've got the air temp sensor just hanging in the inner fender. works fine :cool:

for the cold pipe, I'm using a 2nd gen turbo, so I got a 90* 3" outlet v-band pipe from Cummins. call Jeff (snedge), he might still have the part number from my order) and I used a 2nd gen boot and cold pipe... cut off a few inches of the 3rd gen cold pipe and butt welded it to the 2nd gen pipe. works good.

would obviously be a different story for a 3rd gen compressor outlet

2nd gen hx-40 downpipe, got a hydraulic line made for the oil return, and used some old intercooler piping and along with stock to get to the intercooler. I'll try to get pics up sometime.

Here is my set up,still need to add the dual cp3 kit and opies by-pass they are at the powder coater.It defiantly has a different tone.

2786245470063210027S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back