Anyone have factory cam specs?

YkDave

So heres the deal, ive got another 12v (industrial) with less than a hundred hours on it that i scored for free.

As always, theirs a catch... the idiots rolled it off of the truck in the middle of winter when it got to site and left it idling and walked away from it. Cylinder wash....

Luckily, the damage is isolated to just a badly worn set of rings (bearings and cylinders are fine, just need a whack with a ball hone).

My plans were originally to freshen it up and throw it in my deuce (1954 M135). but then i got to thinking it may serve a better purpose to repower my dodge (and throw the tired dodge engine into the deuce) which is showing some signs of its hard life. No better time to repower the dodge than when i have a good core sitting here to build anyways!

Also, for the price of the replacement rings for this thing and gaskets, i can buy a complete rebuild kit from PDP and get myself some large bowl pistons to boot.

As this industrial engine is VE pumped, i will have to swap the p-pump and goodies onto it, thats no big deal. Only thing im concerned about is the cam that is in this engine. I dont have the part number handy, but i could get it no problem if anyone has some resources for cam info.

I dont plan on ever making the dodge into some 5 bazillion hp fire breathing pile of crap. but i do see small twins and 500hp in the future plans. might be worthwhile to just throw an aftermarket cam in there while its easy to do...?

Last edited:
Stock Cam
INT. 159° 0.235
EXH. 204° 0.263

did you read my post? LOL

Im not looking for cam specs on the dodge application cummins, i need it for the cam in the newer industrial 5.9 (mf'd in '05, CPL 8306)

:Cheer:

And it will be twins one way or another, one day. Ive already got a stockpile of large turbos, just havent gotten the ambition to fab up the piping yet.

Sell em to pay for a good single.

Unless you tow HEAVY there is no real reason for twins at that level.

ive got a stock cam in the truck already that i could swap out for free LOL

Ill probably just bite the bullet and buy a new cam anyways, its only money, they print it every day...

Texan, reason or not, i will have twins one day. Ive got the turbos, and access to many more new ones for free, so its going to happen. just need the ambition to do the plumbing. not sure why your so dead set against the idea of twins!

On that same note, maybe someone has tried it already. but the manifold that is on the industrial engine is a 90* center dump. Ive been thinking about throwing it on the truck and flipping it, that way a guy can mount the secondary way up high out of the way and tons of room for the plumbing and primary to hang under it. But with some rough measurements, it looks like its going to be close to the hood. Anyone tried one of these manifolds yet?

Texan, reason or not, i will have twins one day. Ive got the turbos, and access to many more new ones for free, so its going to happen. just need the ambition to do the plumbing. not sure why your so dead set against the idea of twins!
I'm not against the idea of twins at all.

But at 500hp I see them as pointless unless you tow a lot, and tow heavy.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

500HP can be had with a single but twins do it quicker and cleaner. I couldnt belive how clean my pistons were when I pulled the head on my 12v. At 350HP my injector tips looked like a charcoal bricket! I thinks twins are the only way to go on the street and big singles are for the track where you dont care how much it bellows smoke.

Simplicity is usually nice, but sometimes you just gotta f'k with things and throw simplicity out the window LOL

I would rather have a set of small twins that light up quick and can clean up the top end, than have a huge single that takes 20 miles to light or a small single that cant clean up the top end.

I dont tow alot any more, but offroading requires something that lights up pretty quick. their are times you dont have a chance to wait for the turbo to light, you come around a corner and the next thing you know your headed at a 'ballz to the wallz' mud hole. All you can do is hammer on it and hope for the best LOL

Last edited:
never intended to use a CR cam at all!

The '05 is a VE pumped engine, shes all oldschool mechanical

Last edited:
The VE is going to stay on whichever engine goes into the deuce. The deuce doesnt need anything spectacular, so i dont plan on hopping up that engine too much. im just looking for something that burns less than the GMC 302 I6 gasser thats in it (about 30gal/hour whether your driving it or its idling LOL)

bumpity bump...

Still wondering if that 'newer' cam is worth a damn...

Wouldnt hurt to freshen up the 215 engine a tad before it goes into the deuce and im sure the cam thats in it is far from beautiful looking!

whoops, i read this thread on my black berry and didnt see that you wanted the specs. lol

Back