anyone have the cummins rear main seal numbers

Smkblwr

Tired
My clutch is gone"will not shift with the engine running" and I know the rear mains is leaking"for awhile". Does anyone have the cummins seal kit numbers. I searched and never found the kit numbers. I have heard there is a repair sleave kit and the stardard seal kit. don't know which I need till I drop the trans in acouple of weeks"waiting on the paycheck". So any help is appreciated. thanks Smkblwr

Should be easy to find. I can dig out one for you if your really are stuck, let me know.

Same kit is used on pretty much all Cummins B motors from what I've seen. Used the same one on my truck as we used on a 1st gen and also on a back hoe.

It's around $40 from the Cummins dealer.

thanks for the info, I looked on the cumminsquickserve and didn't find a number for just the gasket by itself. I will call Scheid in the morning. thanks

I think it's kit 4089342 which replaced 3928493. PM Snedge and he can confirm those numbers.

My quickserve will never work. I login but then it just brings up the login again. If I go back to the main page it shows I'm logged in though.

I just went to Napa told them i needed a rear main seal for a 99 5.9 cummins and they handed to me (by the way easiest one i ever put in)

Thanks for the replies, a cummins big truck parts dealer that I called last friday said they couldn't get it, then called me this morning and say it would be here tuesday for $34.50. My quickserve listed the seal with the crank bearings for $300.00 but not the seal alone.

Chocolate Chip Cookies for everyone.
thanks again Smkblwr

Back