Anyone here with a 300hp+ ALH?

A TDI is an economy car, just like a Cummins of Dmax is a tow rig. There are some people that are willing to go the extra mile and make big power, is it easy, no, but it’s achievable in the TDI.
350 to 400 hp is very achievable if you pay attention to the basics. You cannot make that kind of power and run the motor at 3000 rpms and expect it to have any chance of living. 400 hp at 6000 rpms is only 350 lb. feet of torque.
The stock crank needs a minor amount of attention, balancing, gas nitration.

Rods
need to be good aftermarket parts. Manley is going to release a TDI rod this fall.

Pistons
Diamond has a really good piston that has a excellent ring package.

Cylinder head needs lots of work,

Turbo, it has to be a lot bigger, and looser.

Cam has to be designed for the application, zero overlap, and big intake event, and short exhaust. The cam I used was 240 218 on a 118

Will this engine last 200,000; the answer is who expects any engine to last if you pushing it to the edge. Drive it sensibly and if will have good street manors, but remember it has a finite number of time you can push it.

Cool thread here!

Did any of you guys read the link JQmile posted? That car was over 300hp and still ran a high 14 in the 1/4.... I think most sports cars on the street are still going to walk all over the TDI's. I'd like to be proven wrong, but it just doesn't seem feasible. Hard making that power to the ground in the FWD's.

I'm following along on this one, cool stuff.

This is about as close as you can get to 300hp in a tdi fuel only while keeping it streetable. Here's the full build thread TDIClub Forums

This was right after we got it running, don't think I ever snapped a final full underhood pic :banghead:. Gives you the rough idea.

passat3.jpg

Final setup, sorry for sideways only half picture. Was running on 3 hours of sleep at the time haha.
6977B9DA-orig_zps8821e738.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, my wife's car is an ALH and will stay stock. She says my truck is to play with.

I do wish I could ditch the EGR without setting a code, intake cleaning SUCKS!

Question, why did you run the compressor outlet around the engine to the intercooler instead of over the IP in front of the engine? Is there a second turbo back there?

Cool thread here!

Did any of you guys read the link JQmile posted? That car was over 300hp and still ran a high 14 in the 1/4.... I think most sports cars on the street are still going to walk all over the TDI's. I'd like to be proven wrong, but it just doesn't seem feasible. Hard making that power to the ground in the FWD's.

I'm following along on this one, cool stuff.

I have a whole bunch of sub 14 second time slips with obly 250 hp, if I wasn't doing the land speed stuff and didn't care about the traqnsmission , I feel that a 12 second time is really doable

I have a whole bunch of sub 14 second time slips with obly 250 hp, if I wasn't doing the land speed stuff and didn't care about the traqnsmission , I feel that a 12 second time is really doable

For being the godfather of all things diesel, you sure know jack chit about the tdi world

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eet8Q-Y5NVw"]450 bhp diesel golf - YouTube[/ame]

Step up your quest for the 12's to the next level has been

For being the godfather of all things diesel, you sure know jack chit about the tdi world

450 bhp diesel golf - YouTube

Step up your quest for the 12's to the next level has been

Looks more like a well-built 350 to 370 hp, with the trap speed.
Nice build, what do you have to do with it??????

Makes me want to take mine to the strip one last time, But the Texas mile is in 4 weeks and Jordan wants to go 150 this time.

I pick up the Chevy Cruze Diesel from G.M is December the 2 motors showed up a week ago

Looks more like a well-built 350 to 370 hp, with the trap speed.
Nice build, what do you have to do with it??????

Makes me want to take mine to the strip one last time, But the Texas mile is in 4 weeks and Jordan wants to go 150 this time.

I pick up the Chevy Cruze Diesel from G.M is December the 2 motors showed up a week ago

Obviously, i'm more in the know then you. Keep talk out your ass moron

I will see if I can get Andrew to chime in here, he is the guy that owns the car in the video. We have been friends for several years, and bounce idea's off each other semi regularly.

Back