Anyone here with a 300hp+ ALH?

If so, you're my new best friend. Either way this is going to become my build thread for it.

Depending on how much you can control with a tune, my future plans are:

40-45mm turbo - if it can be tuned to not throw any codes, or at least not interfere with other electronic processes. Otherwise I'll have to find the biggest straight drop in charger possible. Still researching. I'd love to throw on my extra hx35, but I don't think that would spool till about 5k on this thing.

EGR delete is ready to be started, just need the time

Upgraded 5spd - still learning the options for this, maybe cryo?

port the head and manifolds

Rods/pistons - If way more than what I hope these cost, I'll have to cut back on the power to 200hp or so, and just be happy with that.

Lots of fuel :D

Ideas welcome. I'm willing to put some money into this as I know it will be fun as hell once completed.

Subscribed!!

Thats no help! LOL This will be a learning experience for both of us. It seems these motors are 12 valve simple, but the cars themselves are electronic nightmares. I know I have so many electrical gremlins in the interior right now, it's not even funny.

You will need forged connecting rods above 250 flywheel hp. You will also need a peloquin or quaife dif in the tranny.

You will need forged connecting rods above 250 flywheel hp. You will also need a peloquin or quaife dif in the tranny.

I was gonna do rods/pistons for over 200hp anyways, unless they're stupid expensive.

For the p and q diff, that sounds german to me. But I'm assuming you mean upgraded diff along with trans and clutch, correct?

I was gonna do rods/pistons for over 200hp anyways, unless they're stupid expensive.

For the p and q diff, that sounds german to me. But I'm assuming you mean upgraded diff along with trans and clutch, correct?

Those are the two brands of LS diffs available for your trans. The stock ring gear bolts shear and without LS you'll never put the power to the ground.

An HX35 is not big enough for an atmosphere charger in twins and it's too big as a single.

Whats an alh, i did a search and all i found were helicopters.

Posted to CumminsForum via autoguide for iphone.

Whats an alh, i did a search and all i found were helicopters.

Posted to CumminsForum via autoguide for iphone.

Read this page. ;)

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_Volkswagen_engines"]List of North American Volkswagen engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Last edited:
Those are the two brands of LS diffs available for your trans. The stock ring gear bolts shear and without LS you'll never put the power to the ground.

An HX35 is not big enough for an atmosphere charger in twins and it's too big as a single.

not big enough? I was thinking about doing the same thing. maybe more research is needed:charger:

An HX35 is plenty big for an atmo turbo and 300hp from a little TDI.

Use an HY35 or HE341 as a single, they still won't spool under 3000rpm though.

For 300hp you're pretty much SOL getting any kind of drivability without using compounds. Big turbos will surge trying to spool them up at low RPMs and small turbos have a very narrow flow window at high pressure ratios.

Last edited:
Doesn't really matter beaucause those TDI will turn 6k with ease. That's a 3k window.

Atleast someone gets it LOL

I think an HX50/52 would be just about right for the 3-6k range. Use a gate to bypass the small charger after a certain point.

This is an Industrial Injection 46 mm; it’s as big as you can go on stock frame

bigturbo1.jpg

I used an Industrial Injection HY35 hybrid with a 6 cm exhaust housing , it spools extremely fast and is streetable with a big cam and cylinder head this was a jig turbo

478500_2811446681141_1602432582_o.jpg

Here is a ZZ custom fab cylinder head

photo.jpg

And here is a VW Tran Axle build transmission with Peliquen diff and 4.10 RP with a Val Air clutch that is totally indestructible

DSCN1336.jpg

billet rods and billet pistons

20100615_45.jpg

here is the exhaust manifold after coating

425924_339302652772939_212116095491596_905990_1563595046_n.jpg

went 132 at the Texas Mile and 128 at the Houstion half mile

est hp is about 350 @ 5500 will turn 6700 rpms

Last edited:
Those TDI engines are an amazing engine.. that is nice stuff Greg.., I would love to see that thing in person one of these days

the Houston mile is it's last deal, Chevy has us doing a Cruze diesel next year. 2.0 liter 4 valve CR twin turbo. and best of all help from the factory .

we get the car this fall, along with a few motors to play with.

Back