Anyone interested in 3rd Gen s400 Downpipes?

Blacksdieselhp

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We are thinking about making up some DPs for the third gen guys wanting to do s400s and 2nd gen style manifolds. Just wanted to see if there is any interest out there. If so, we'll get started.

Id be interested. Im getting ready to switch to an s400 turbo, and Im going to do the 2nd gen manifold at the same time. That sure would make things alot easier and cleaner looking.

Id pay a little extra to have it in a 5" if thats possible...wouldnt make much of a difference I dont guess.

We are gonna try to have some by the first of the week. I cant promise anything, but thats the plan. We could do one in 5", but there is no gain to be had and its just gonna make things tighter to work around.

when I upgrade to an s400 something, I'd like a 5" pipe to fit with the rest of the exhaust. don't care for the "no gain" the look and sound is enough for me :)

(I have not searched on this!!!) While making up downpipes, what about intake pipes? oil lines and brackets and anything else needed to swap in an s400 for those with no ability to weld stuff

Last edited:
Still waiting on the pipe bender guy. I thought this would be a quick turnaround, but as usual, it wasnt. Still in the works though.

when I upgrade to an s400 something, I'd like a 5" pipe to fit with the rest of the exhaust. don't care for the "no gain" the look and sound is enough for me :)

(I have not searched on this!!!) While making up downpipes, what about intake pipes? oil lines and brackets and anything else needed to swap in an s400 for those with no ability to weld stuff

This is no problem. I have or can get everything you need to do the swap pretty quick besides waiting on the dp. And I havent really found an intake elbow that fits as nice as I'd like yet. I can make them out of aluminum, but that would drive the cost up vs a boot.

Not sure yet. Still waiting on the mandrel bender guy. I can make these up myself from elbows, and weld together. But I would rather offer a one piece setup so it will look cleaner. So thats what the holdup is right now. The re will be 4" and 5" options as well as aluminized mild steel and stainless steel. So as soon as we get a little closer, I will post pricing.

If you have the space buy yourself a mandrel bender, they are worth their weight in gold. If I had the space I would already have one.

Back