Anyone know if there's a way of telling if this pump is a high performance one?

1stgensmoking

So my dad has the 96 5 speed that will rev to 3200 on the highway and is a almost a dog till it hits 2000rpm then throws you in the seat till about 2900 but will hit 3200 rpm's. He bought it this way n can't figure it out it has a light haze at WOT. We know it has a BHAF and 4" tbe stock plate slid forward just recently but was like that before too that's it performance wise but has a few other BD parts like the exhaust brake, exhaust, KDP tab. It will destroy my 93 with the 180 horse p-pump, #100 plate n a few other tweaks. OH all the part numbers on this pump have the paint scraped off. Anyone have an idea what it may be? Even has one on the top of the pump by the timing gear case that has been scribed in the pump n my p-pump doesn't have it.

Sounds stock to me. 3200 isnt anything. All these pumps are mostly stock with the exception of a few things. Stock gov springs tweaked can net you 3200. I doubt you have anything special other then a stocker.

you'd be amazed what a poorly tuned afc can do

id gander the gov arm is hanging under the afc foot?

Depends if the person messing with it new what they are doing. Could have it all messed up but yes it doesnt sound like a stock charger unless it has a big exh housing on it or other issues

stock HX35 with a 12cm gated housing is still on it. I just recently moved the fuel plate forward a month ago this truck has been like this since my dad got it. Oh uh also it will light the tires(posi) in 3rd and lay a good strip of rubber.

oh, well since it can light the tires in third, it must be a fully build 13mm pump set a 650CC's from Scheid

clearly I'm kidding, identifying what DV is in the pump will most likely tell you what stock HP pump it is

oh, well since it can light the tires in third, it must be a fully build 13mm pump set a 650CC's from Scheid

clearly I'm kidding, identifying what DV is in the pump will most likely tell you what stock HP pump it is

It's supposed to be a 215hp pump in it.

Sounds like the timing is advanced too far.... if it indeed has a 12 cm housing on the turbo.

Hey mines tned in good I just havn't had the time to mess with his yet. Anyway uh why would all the pump pn's have the paint scraped off and a new number scribed into the pump.

Here's a pic of that pn scribed into the pump.
IMG00690-20120307-1143.jpg

Maybe a no name pump shop remaned it and put that on there for their records. Why dont you ask the guy you bought it from where the pump came from???????

If your searching for a "diamond in the ruff" you dont have one

Last edited:
Maybe a no name pump shop remaned it and put that on there for their records. Why dont you ask the guy you bought it from where the pump came from???????

If your searching for a "diamond in the ruff" you dont have one

Actually we did ask he didn't do the exhaust, kdp , all that stuff.

You don't gotta be a dick eh I just wanted to know what he had in his truck that's all.

Im not being a dick, but if you want to see me be a dick stick around a little longer. Im sure i will find some tard to go off on.

Simple route to finding what you looking for is to ask those who did it. If the guy you got it from didnt do it then the next thing to do is ask the guy he got it from. Im sure one of these guys knows whats done

Back