Anyone know if there's a way of telling if this pump is a high performance one?

Im not being a dick, but if you want to see me be a dick stick around a little longer. Im sure i will find some tard to go off on.

Simple route to finding what you looking for is to ask those who did it. If the guy you got it from didnt do it then the next thing to do is ask the guy he got it from. Im sure one of these guys knows whats done

I would do that but we can't even get ahold of the previous owners and the last owner lives 5 hours away soo.

Okay. Even still though is a stock 215 horse truck supposed to have the power to lay a strip in 3rd? Untill recently all it had was a 4" exhaust, bhaf, 3k rpm gov kit n making a lousy 25 pounds of boost. now I slid the plate forward a month ago n it made a good change but really do they have that kinda power stock? 215hp n 440 l/ft of torque at the crank doesn't seem like much really.

Go measure your strip of rubber....the longer it is the more horsepower LOL

Okay. Even still though is a stock 215 horse truck supposed to have the power to lay a strip in 3rd? Untill recently all it had was a 4" exhaust, bhaf, 3k rpm gov kit n making a lousy 25 pounds of boost. now I slid the plate forward a month ago n it made a good change but really do they have that kinda power stock? 215hp n 440 l/ft of torque at the crank doesn't seem like much really.

Laying a "strip" in 3rd doesnt mean anything. Its not a measure of horsepower but a measurable lack of traction. I dont quit understand what your wanting us to say. Truck has a stock turbo, maybe has a 215 pump but maybe not. Not sure of the timing or the injectors. Fuel plate is slide forward and has 4" exh. Maybe somebody moved the timing up and thats why it doesnt spool till 2000. You can only get so much out of a hx35. Maybe it has a small set of injectors, maybe not. Your butt dyno doesnt really read correct when you havent road in anything thats really badazz. What does your first gen make for power? I ride in a 500hp 01 that will lay marks in all 6 gears but it doesnt mean anything when talking hp numbers. Ive rode in a few stock trucks that ive bumped timing on that i was like hmmm interesting ride, others have been pigs. Im betting it still a bone stock truck. With out proof something has been done other then "it destroys my 1st gen", there is no way of knowing and thats not to say your 1st gen is tuned to its full potential.

Last edited:
Laying a "strip" in 3rd doesnt mean anything. Its not a measure of horsepower but a measurable lack of traction. I dont quit understand what your wanting us to say. Truck has a stock turbo, maybe has a 215 pump but maybe not. Not sure of the timing or the injectors. Fuel plate is slide forward and has 4" exh. Maybe somebody moved the timing up and thats why it doesnt spool till 2000. You can only get so much out of a hx35. Maybe it has a small set of injectors, maybe not. Your butt dyno doesnt really read correct when you havent road in anything thats really badazz. What does your first gen make for power? I ride in a 500hp 01 that will lay marks in all 6 gears but it doesnt mean anything when talking hp numbers. Ive rode in a few stock trucks that ive bumped timing on that i was like hmmm interesting ride, others have been pigs. Im betting it still a bone stock truck. With out proof something has been done other then "it destroys my 1st gen", there is no way of knowing and thats not to say your 1st gen is tuned to its full potential.

You got all good points I dunno what I wanna know I guess.

Anyway I've road in a few hot cummins. one was a 01 24v my cousin owned, took me for a drive put his foot into it from a stop n she was still laying rubber a couple hundred yards down the highway at about 60mph. I didn't think that was to bad. My first gen goes pretty good though I have no problem pulling out n passing a line of cars in about a 1/8th mile passing lane.

there's got to be some 'foot on brake' action going on in these wild rides you're taking....

Lmao he's killing me with all these butt-dyno references..... Sounds like you've "layed enough rubber" to keep firestone in business for 30 years alone.

My dad has a 1990 vw Jetta naturally aspirated diesel that won't get out of its own way but if you side step the clutch in 3rd and it'll break traction all day long. It has a 4 cyl Bosch ve rotary pump. Do you guys think it's a high performance ve pump? You thought disturbed was being a dick lol.

ya could just trade me that hx35 for my h1c if you want better spool.....and less power lol

Everybody has beat your dead horse into a bloody pile.

IF it's SO important to you, pull the pump, take it to a REAL proformance pump shop
and have it flowed. After all it's not your truck, if it blows daddy has to pay for it.

ROFLMAO

Back