Anyone running ATS's new pressure box

Pickles

Reads too much
Want to stack a smarty with a pressure box and not melt a piston, was thinking of going ATS being their box is based on throttle position. Whats your take on that?

I wouldn't think this is any better or worse than any of the other psi boxes. Just a matter of It manipulating voltage to the MAP

But having the psi based off of throttle position seems it would be less likely to melt a piston that way!

I can not see it working right the way it was designed due to the difference in pedal % once you have a downloader that fools computer into thinking its at a different position. Not sure if that is even a valid point but it makes sense to me.

One of my friends is about to be using one... he is friends with clint.. I dont know if its on yet..but He wants some of us locals to try it out from what I hear..

every box is based on throttle position... because they modulate rail pressure based on a table that's calculated off of the factory table... which takes TPS into account...

if the ATS doesn't plug into the TPS sensor or the OBD-II port, it's doing the same thing ever other rail box is

anyone run it yet? I was thinking about mp-8 but im not a racer or puller, so i think if this box does what they say itll be the way for me to go.

every box is based on throttle position... because they modulate rail pressure based on a table that's calculated off of the factory table... which takes TPS into account...

if the ATS doesn't plug into the TPS sensor or the OBD-II port, it's doing the same thing ever other rail box is

XXXXX2.. It may have different curve,but unless it is wireless and can intercept signals and migrate and translate bottom line it does the same things as all other uncontrolled pressure device do.

Read up a bit on ATS's site, its definitely a step forward, mostly on how fast it can pull pump flow. The Mp8 and others using map see a significant delay on boost drop compared to injection duration. The net effect is a short dead head situation and resulting pressure spike.

However, raising the pressure above what the injectors can handle no matter how you do it will net the same.

The one fellow on here just did 1K with a set of triples. And if I read right, left the pressure box at home.

It's so much more effective to just post it on You site tell people what you want them to believe,then capitalize on their stupidly to buy.

ATS
WARNING: If the Atomizer is used in conjunction with other performance
electronics, it is possible to increase rail pressure to dangerous
levels. ATS is NOT liable for damage to fuel injection
components in the event that rail pressure is increased beyond
safe limits. It is important ensure rail pressure does not exceed
safe limits (27,500psi).
So its a stand alone device.....Its not compatible with any other Products they offer...
Whats Interesting it has NO feature to stop the excessive pressure Hmmm...It will make great business for Us...

Its interesting they list 27,500 as the safe limit as the 5.9 rail psi sensor maxes at 26,107 psi how does the Atomizer know that you are at 27,500?

I just emailed ATS and asked them some questions. We'll see what they say.

Here are the answers that you all have been looking for:

The Atomizer changes the slope of the rail pressure and the max pressure of the rail. Once boost is sensed by the Atomizer it will increase rail pressure based on the adjustable potentiometer that is supplied with the kit. The potentiometer “trims” the pressure that the Atomizer will max at. If the potentiometer is set to full left it will have ZERO effect on rail pressure. If the potentiometer is set to full right it will raise rail pressure a given percentage above commanded from the ECM. The max rail pressure that the Atomizer will command is just below the factory rail pressure relief. This means that if a stock program is in the ECM then the rail pressure will not raise to a dangerous level even when the potentiometer is adjusted to full pressure (full right).

When the Atomizer is “stacked” with an aftermarket programmer such as a SMARTY, E-Power, Bully Dog etc. then the Atomizer has the ability to raise rail pressure above the factory rail pressure relief blow off. When rail pressure is raised above the pressure relief the rail pressure relief valve can become damaged if left to bleed excessive fuel over an extended time period. To best utilize the Atomizer power module in conjunction with a programmer that is internally raising rail pressure is to watch the actual rail pressure by installing a rail pressure gauge into the factory rail pressure sensor and perform the following steps.

1st) With the engine idling unplug the FCA and note what the rail pressure gauge reads. The max pressure on the gauge is the actual pressure that the rail pressure relief will blow. When the FCA is disconnected from the ECM the CP3 will go to full pressure floating the rail pressure blow off valve. Note this pressure is the “MAX PRESSURE YOU SHOULD EVER RUN” Then shut off the engine, plug in the FCA and clear the over pressure code.

2nd) Plug in the Atomizer power module and start the engine. Make a few hard accelerations while watching the rail pressure gauge. As the rail pressure maxes out adjust the potentiometer so the actual pressure is just bellow the previous recorded pressure. This is your max power adjustment and is the safe limit that you should run the Atomizer at. Your done, just make a note to stay bellow the “over pressure zone” so you don’t end up replacing rail pressure relief valves on a regular basis.

For those of you that insist on blocking the rail pressure relief valve you should know that this is a huge cause of injector failures. When the rail pressure relief valve is blocked off there is nowhere for the fuel pressure spike to go other than pound on the injectors when the throttle is released. This method will make huge power but there are consequences that arise and one of then is cracked injector bodies.

As long as these basic steps are taken the Atomizer makes a very tunable pressure box and will give fantastic drivability. There are so many different combinations that can be hard to tune, the Atomizer allows you to tune the rail pressure side of the equation to provide reliable max power.

On a final note the Atomizer can be installed with out the potentiometer plugged into the box, when the box does not have the potentiometer hooked to it the Atomizer defaults to full pressure (but only when the engine is under boost). This is ok on a truck that has the factory program installed in the computer but not when there is a big rail pressure program downloaded into the computer.

Finally, the 5.9L Cummins incorporates a boost cap (boost fooler) into the Atomizer. This will eliminate an over boost code of the waste gate is set to a higher than stock boost level or when after market turbo(s) are installed. Hope this helps clear things up.

Clint Cannon

Last edited:
Thank you...that it what I've been looking for, one stupid question though? What's FCA stand for?

Back