Anyone running this setup?

Mryanangel

I am working on putting together my shopping list to build a reliable DD and would love to hear your opinions on my planned setup and any experience you guys have had with the same or very similar setup.

I have a few goals in mind:
1) Will be a daily driver, so being very streetable is important
2) Truck sees a decent amount of high speed offroad driving
3) Truck will not be used for drag racing or sled pulling
4) May see occasional towing, but not a great deal
5) Would like at least 500HP

Truck
My truck is a 2000 2500 24V with a new VP from Mumau and a FASS 150.

Tuner: Edge Drag Comp
Turbo: ED S300 60/68
Injectors: Engineered Diesel to match Comp and Turbo
Valve Springs: Hamilton 103#
Head Studs: ARP 247-4202

Last edited:
I'd go with a 62 or 64 and some 6x.013 gonna need a lift pump and trans work or clutch depending what you have.

Put an 80mm S400 under your ED turbo. I'm almost finished with a 60/68 T4 over a S480.

7x.012 or 6x.013 and add an s475 under that charger and stack a smarty with your comp n you'll like it, just watch out for the air lockin of the VP.

how about just hot unlock the edge and skip the smarty...

stacking a smarty will just cause a top end power loss.

when I was testing on the dyno I think the truck lost something like 40-50hp and lost 200lbs+ torque vs the adrenaline by itself. tried using smarty's timing with no timing from adrenaline, and then tried timing from the adrenaline with no timing from the smarty...made no difference at all, exact same results...and I mean EXACT. average HP was slightly different, but peaks were identical.

how about just hot unlock the edge and skip the smarty...

stacking a smarty will just cause a top end power loss.

when I was testing on the dyno I think the truck lost something like 40-50hp and lost 200lbs+ torque vs the adrenaline by itself. tried using smarty's timing with no timing from adrenaline, and then tried timing from the adrenaline with no timing from the smarty...made no difference at all, exact same results...and I mean EXACT. average HP was slightly different, but peaks were identical.

Quadzilla and Edge comp are two different products. We've had excellent results combining the comp and Smarty on the VP trucks.

Don't spend money on a bunch of stuff, if you're only going with an 60 mm turbo. Go at least 63, and I would go gated S300. T4 stuff seems to work great on some trucks, but for a semi beginner and street truck, I like to have an internal gate.

Quadzilla and Edge comp are two different products. We've had excellent results combining the comp and Smarty on the VP trucks.

I was gonna say, the smarty makes my setup come alive, I've never dynoed with it to see the difference in the numbers, but its probably different stacking it with a Quad..

ive got an edge comp with the hot unlock, 7x.012's with added lift, 150 airdog, and a 64/71/14 and love it. i just put a new clutch in it last night, so now after the break in, i can finally see how it really runs. ive got a smarty, but have yet to use it.

ive got an edge comp with the hot unlock, 7x.012's with added lift, 150 airdog, and a 64/71/14 and love it. i just put a new clutch in it last night, so now after the break in, i can finally see how it really runs. ive got a smarty, but have yet to use it.

I ran a comp alone with 7x.012's and a 63/65/14 and it was pretty awesome even without a smarty, but with my compounds they have trouble gettin lit without the smarty tuned in.. Probably because of the 96mm turbine and 1.32 housing..

We talking suspension also? If so Putting the Carli suspension on an 03 2500 we have was hands down the best mod I have done to it, I didn't know a dodge on 35's can ride so good!! Running the smarty jr. with an ancient Dr. Perfomance pressure box is a close second :)

We talking suspension also? If so Putting the Carli suspension on an 03 2500 we have was hands down the best mod I have done to it, I didn't know a dodge on 35's can ride so good!! Running the smarty jr. with an ancient Dr. Perfomance pressure box is a close second :)

I love my Carli suspension, and the King 3.0 Quad bypass shocks paired with 3rd gen full length deavers makes for an amazing ride...no more dump trunk suspension.

I love my Carli suspension, and the King 3.0 Quad bypass shocks paired with 3rd gen full length deavers makes for an amazing ride...no more dump trunk suspension.

My bad just noticed it in you sig:doh:

It's all icing on the cake from here on out :D

Last edited:

I was thinking about stacking a smarty with the Drag Comp, plus I also need to calibrate the abs sensor for a 37" tire, right now my speedo and shift timing is off...I believe I can use the smarty to take care of that issue.

I was thinking about stacking a smarty with the Drag Comp, plus I also need to calibrate the abs sensor for a 37" tire, right now my speedo and shift timing is off...I believe I can use the smarty to take care of that issue.

You can, fixed my issues with my shifting after the lift & tires :Cheer:

I don't know anything about the comp box, but the Dr.P I have stacked is a 90hp and it's like it was made to go with the smarty lol. The truck moves around so easy now, getting 19mpg on 35's mixed cty/hwy

Last edited:
You can, fixed my issues with my shifting after the lift & tires :Cheer:

I don't know anything about the comp box, but the Dr.P I have stacked is a 90hp and it's like it was made to go with the smarty lol. The truck moves around so easy now, getting 19mpg on 35's mixed cty/hwy[/QUOT

Going to add a smarty S03 to my shopping list

You should realize he is talking about running the smarty on a cr, its a completely different animal than these vp trucks. Best mileage gains I've seen are around 2-3 mpg improvement at best. They will add some bottom end power but will take away some on your top end. With that being said, i do like my smarty and wouldn't trade it for the world on my setup(unless someone offered a complete ppump swap lol)

Back