Anyone Swapped the cp4 to a cp3 on a 6.7 powerstroke?

REDDEVL

Yes I'm A Smoker
Looking for any info on anyone who has or is building a kit to swap out the factory cp4 to a cp3, on the 6.7?

Just curious, know some guys have done it on newer GMs, haven't seen any great reviews on the mod cp4s, although I haven't looked very hard. cp3s are tried and true, looking for reliability, and more fuel but not enough to justify a dual pump setup. Still pretty green to these 6.7s and just throwing ideas around.

I know you said that you don't need dual pumps but it really is an excellent way to go. We have had many people run our pump kit on stock to very high hp trucks. Doing a dual pump kit on a stock or mild truck won't hurt anything but will take a lot of stress off of the cp4 and make it last much longer. By doing the dual pump kit, you will also have a wide range of hp possibilities. If the truck doesn't need the fuel, the pumps are barely working. If you happen to build the truck, you'll have plenty of fuel on tap.

11-14 Ford 6.7L Dual High Pressure Fuel Kit

Let me know if I can help you out in any way.

Dallas

Attachments

• Dual CP3 Blue.jpg
    Dual CP3 Blue.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
Will the even fit in the valley?

No it won't without a very expensive adapter to fit the cam and vacuum pump, there is just not enough room the way the engine block was cast. We looked into it years ago and just found the situation not marketable. The dual pump set up is very universal, and for sure is the way to go for more fuel on one of these engines:)

Back