Anyone use ARB drag racing?

carcrafter22

I am thinking of running an ARB in my ford project, anyone ever use one? I called ARB and of course like all manfacturers they told me it would have no trouble in my application and from what I've read I think it will be fine I just want some opinions of actual users.

Drag racing i have one and it turns into a spool when activated and didn't break.
Great or the e-locker too

Thanks I was thinking about the Elocker also. I just dont want to cruise around town with a locker and want traction at the strip when I do go.

I don't use them dragracing, but I do sledpulling. I've broken everything else in the drivetrain and the ARB lockers hold up to all the abuse.

ARB

If you want it in the front, save your money. I tryed it and I didn't like it. It did manage to break a axle and front diff. I took it out and never broke a front end part again. In the rear it would work well. Jeff

I've heard by many to leave the front alone just for those reasons. I think I'm gonna go with an E locker since I can get them for cheap and wont need an air compressor.

I'd imagine with AWD and the locking rear along with some slicks it should hook at the strip lol.

I run the ARB front E-locker rear.... Never broke anything at either end...

Are you leaving it engaged and making any turns.... that is a big no no up front....much worse up front then leaving it on out back....

Gotta be in there 10 years now...

I have seen one ARB break, not sure what caused it, but it was in a 1000HP sledpuller in the rear for probably 4 years. The part that broke could be replaced for just over $100. I broke a 35 spline 4340 front axle, ball joint, both ladder bars, bent the springs etc. ARB's seem just fine.

Back