Anyone work with extreme studs .com?

But someone selling HX turbos for $3000-$5000 is a scam artist.

I suggest you go price a competition HX turbo elsewhere before you make such a judgement. Call Columbus Diesel and see what their price is!

HX 55 and 60 nothing that big. And I understand other companies get that much, but Columbus diesel also charges twice as much as the other top shops to bench and tune a ppump. You can charge what ever you want and most likely there's people that will pay it. Scam artist was the wrong choice of words but performance parts prices in general are so inflated some companies are making 50% or more in profit beyond the labor and parts put in. I'm not trying to offend anyone sorry if I am.

Either way the studs sound like a great deal I wish their was more feed back from people running them.

Jeff at extreme also makes dmax and powerstroke studs that work great as well, ive done several 6.0 sets from him, no dmax one yet though.
I wouldnt judge one by their website, great products come from ones that put their money into R&D before the fancy website and sales pitch.. But its just the way the world works, everything is judged by the cover instead of whats inside..

That's how I would rather have a company to deal with. I have seen some fancy paged shops that sell parts that have a real horrible shop and don't do anything for the pulling or racing world.

Mr lee on the other hand I would say is the business man not out to screw over people and get them a better product for less when a huge mark up isn't needed.

Tractor pulling has his name he has only been in truck side for 8 months he said. New expansion that I'm happy with supporting.

I've thought about a set of these. I've got a brand new set of arp 2000 at the house but people don't seem to talk favorable of them in a high hp build not sure of their disadvantage. might buy a se of extremes for my engine build and Use the arp in my current engine in my truck

Ive been talking with derek from dnr and they def. are nice people. Im getting setup to sell there studs well see how they work out!

Good luck Danny. Haven't heard much bad other than one fluke it sounds like that was bad treating.

I don't see how fasteners can be so dang expensive (625s) when I'm guessing it's just a company wanting more money. I will be going with extreme studs on my street engine and if they perform as good as others I will be buying them for the project engine also.

Good luck Danny. Haven't heard much bad other than one fluke it sounds like that was bad treating.

I don't see how fasteners can be so dang expensive (625s) when I'm guessing it's just a company wanting more money. I will be going with extreme studs on my street engine and if they perform as good as others I will be buying them for the project engine also.

Id say supply and demand, look at forged pistons! set of 8 cp pistons for a big block 400-600$ set of cp pistons for a 4 banger 500-600$.. set of forged ross for 6 cylinder 500$ set of 6 for a cummins 1800+ I know theres more material but not 3 times as much!

Exactly. If you can get away with so much for something and people buy it have at it.

Just like GAS, oil prices say gas should be down to 2.30 or less a gallon. But, they can get away with more.

I'm dreading pistons for the truck. That's for sure

Its got performance written on it and they know it. If there was a high fail rate with head studs that point solely in ARPs direction they would factor in costs for warranty issues. But more often than not head failures are usually a result of poor head surface they are just getting as much money as the market will bear. Plus they obviously have no issue selling them at $1200-1400 a set since the demand outweighs the supply. I will be trying these guys out for my build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Ive been eyeballing these myself. If you guys run them please let us know what you think.

I will do so. I have to order a lot of stuff prior to fasteners.

Will be sharing my experience though.

I'm installing the set I ordered this evening with a new head and o rings. The directions that came with them say 145 max.

I have had 2 head gaskets push out at the ends of my fire-ring head gasket. I have been using the cheaper ARP studs. I don't like the allen-head socket design of the ARP studs. I have been around the Extreme Studs in pulling tractor applications, so I did not hesitate to talk to Jeff and order a set of 12v studs. His studs have a hex head design at the top of the stud. Yes, you have to cut down the rocker arm pedestals to clear the valve covers. He does not include the small bolt that goes thru the pedestal. I had to clearance out the 2 head dowels to allow the Extreme Stud to go thru the dowel. They torqued up nice to 140 ft lbs. It is a tight fit, but the washer and nut will clear the valve covers. The bottom of the stud is necked down and will never bottom out, since the shoulder of the stud will bottom out on the block first. I have 8 runs on the new studs and will check them to see if they are still tight. I am confident that I have found and fixed the problem with these quality studs.

I've had mine in for about two weeks, so far, so good. Torqued to 140lbs, I'm surprised there's info that says 145lbs.

They are really tight between the valve covers. It took a little while to get the cover gaskets to stop leaking, but I finally did.

They are a tight fit through the head too, they're almost 13mm. And, I didn't realized that they wouldn't go throught the 2 alignment sleeves until the head was on the motor, all of studs were in, and I had started to torque. Then, I noticed that those 2 were sticking up further. Didn't what to risk screwing up the gasket or O-rings by pulling the head, so I turned those 2 studs down on the lathe just enough that they would go through. Didn't want to cut them, but I can't see that it would hurt. They should give you warning about that!

I've had mine in for about two weeks, so far, so good. Torqued to 140lbs, I'm surprised there's info that says 145lbs.

My mistake, it does say 140. I just had a little oil stain over part of the instructions.:doh: At least I waited until tonight to torque them down, had to leave early for a little storm chase.

They are a tight fit through the head too, they're almost 13mm. And, I didn't realized that they wouldn't go throught the 2 alignment sleeves until the head was on the motor, all of studs were in, and I had started to torque. Then, I noticed that those 2 were sticking up further. Didn't what to risk screwing up the gasket or O-rings by pulling the head, so I turned those 2 studs down on the lathe just enough that they would go through. Didn't want to cut them, but I can't see that it would hurt. They should give you warning about that!

I noticed this today also, I've got two studs higher than the others. Did you just remove material off the part of the stud that is not threaded?

Back