Anything Helps!!!!

TOMMY86

New to the website. Looking for some advice on where to start on my truck as far as mods and upgrades. I dont know a whole lot about performance with my truck but I do know I can get alot out of it. She is my DD but I want power to play with. Any suggestions?

We can read minds here. For phuck sake at least tell us what truck you have. Search the forums. You'll figure out what you need. This is compD, learn te ropes or gtfo.

CAN YOU NOT READ MY SIG????? Im not here for people like yourself to bash people who ask for suggestions. What gives you the right?

I appreciate it man. The last thing I could have used was some jack giving me a bs message on my first post. Didnt expect that from a well known forum.

06' 2500 4x4SBQC...smarty S06,AFE stage 2, cfm+ intake, 5" MBRP TBE w/6" tip, 6" procomp lift w/37"12.50 20r, nfab steps.

What kinda power u looking to get outta your truck and how daily drivable you wanna keep it?

Well it is my only transportation to and from work but I still want more power...I'm thinking maybe 500-600hp max in its lifetime... Im not a racer but I like to have fun just like most...this will be a slow build for me but I'm not going to cut corners on the more expensive parts like tranny and turbo set ups...so I just would like a little input on how to get to that point...I don't Ben really know what to set my smarty on...my buddy sold it to me and set it up...I'm on sw3 right now but wonder if I could go up to 5 bc I baby my truck and only get on it every do often

Skip the studs for now, your good to 45lbs on factory bolts. I make 650 with good tune maybe lil over and my egts never get high and I have very lil lag, I ported my manifold and turbo to match so it'd help with all that. I'll answer anything I can to help ya. But I drive my trk everyday and tow all the time.

So in your opinion what do you think I should do next...,
I'm really just at a stand still...what settings do you think would e good for me on the smarty?

unless you want a surprise keep things low till you get the trans ready for the power. It is a lot easier upgrading when there is no repair involved. if you go with Goerend transmission, he always overbuilds from what you say your power goals are, because once you get started, its addicting. btw, comp d is thick skin required, not optional.

Last edited:
I appreciate the input but asking question doesnt portray who I am...it's just asking for suggestions from people that know more than myself...comp d can call it what they want but I believe I got on to this forum for free without requirements lol.. I have also heard other people say the same as you though to play it safe until I can afford the right parts...everyone has their own opinions on the matter but I rather not have a broke truck....thanks

First build trans. Second, sell Smarty (nothing against them) Third, buy EFI. Then you'll be almost to your goal.

Keep using the search!! You'll find enough info to last you weeks of reading material.

Man I sure do wish that tranny(the most expensive) wasnt the first thing on everybodies list of what to do first lol, but it sure is good to know. I love my dodge but apparently dodge needs to look into something stronger lol. Well I appreciate it man, every little bit helps!!

Man I sure do wish that tranny(the most expensive) wasnt the first thing on everybodies list of what to do first lol, but it sure is good to know. I love my dodge but apparently dodge needs to look into something stronger lol. Well I appreciate it man, every little bit helps!!

The reason the trans is first is because you still want to be able to drive the truck with your new found power, right?

Welcome to CompD, become friends with the search feature or buyy a flame suit. LOL

I'd go with the trAns first, then efi and like was said above with the rite person doin your tuning you will be real close or in your goal and if your not u could do a 62mm, 60-90 nozzles and a arson kit or something and def meet your goals and not have to drop a ton of money cause with this set up studs and valve springs wouldn't be a necessity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome good to know man...yea I'm just going to start saving up for a tranny and well my parents drag race and my dad was a diesel mechanic in the coast guard so Im pretty sure my parents would know who could build me te best tranny locally....hell I'm sure my dad would actually know more about all the different tranny people out there...? How much of a difference is the 62mm than the stock turbo?

Back