ATI Superdamper or Fluiddamper???

Does anybody have any evidence of the Fluidampr failing at high rpm’s? Factual not here say, or my buddy told me, etc….

I have first hand factual evidence that they do work at high rpm!!!!

BBD

I mentioned that you used one on BBD, but no one seemed to care LOL

Scott, they dont fail themselves, but they do cause excessive bearing wear at elevated RPM's compared to a ATI. About 4500 RPM and higher is where the issu'es arise drastically.

This has been seen in racing conditions and on the dyno, by several of the best builders in the country. (Gasers and v-8 Diesels) The cummins at under 3500 rpm however (due to being internally ballanced and haveing the biggest crank and bearings around) could run with out a damper and be just fine......I know i've done it.

So useing this data on a Cummins is not quite the "Whole" storie, Does it wear more, it's negligable, but it's a Choice after all. Personally on a cummins i use stock or ATI, Duramax will always get a ATI. I have used FD for many years priour and would rather have less weight.

I don't tear my junk down as often as you guy's do so I don't have that kind of data. I do know that I spun the first truck to 5K with a Fluidampr for years, this one has been running a Fluidampr since the day I got it from Chris, the bearings were in great shape when it was rebuilt two years ago. It's installed as directed by Fluidamper with two pins, new bolts, tourqed to spec, and loctite of course.

Has anybody had one that they feel caused problems checked out? Or perhaps sent it back to Fluidampr to be looked at?

BBD

Back