ATI Superdamper or Fluiddamper???

Well thanks for all the info guys.... I'm going to use an ATI.. for the people who asked... I have to change because I need SFI approved for 9.99 tech in next year and my CR will spin over 5k with the Nira I have...

Is there a certin level that the stocker becomes useless I understand a aftermarket is prob a better option but im just trying to see if it is something I really need to look into im sure they are not cheap. I dont plan to wing it much over 4500RPM.
Brandon

Well thanks for all the info guys.... I'm going to use an ATI.. for the people who asked... I have to change because I need SFI approved for 9.99 tech in next year and my CR will spin over 5k with the Nira I have...

where did you get a NIRA? and how much?

I'd like to run a nira for the RPM and full fueling potential, maybe one day a sponsor will plaster there name on my truck and give me one......

ATS has the Synergy stand alone in the works of becoming a easy plug and play set up.. which is made by Nira.

does anyone have a cost for an ati? and know a good place to get one? i was going to get a fluiddamper but didnt realize guys were having better luck with the ati at high rpms

thanks
nick

$455 for the ati. talked to them about it today its completely servicable even. sound to me the way to go for high rpm applications. thats the one im gonna get.

Does anybody have any evidence of the Fluidampr failing at high rpm’s? Factual not here say, or my buddy told me, etc….

I have first hand factual evidence that they do work at high rpm!!!!

BBD

Can't say I spin were the MOD's ^^ are but at 5500 (steel pistons) and just had a look at the mains and they look like new. Fluidampr pined in 4 places.

Does anybody have any evidence of the Fluidampr failing at high rpm’s? Factual not here say, or my buddy told me, etc….

I have first hand factual evidence that they do work at high rpm!!!!

BBD

Scott, they dont fail themselves, but they do cause excessive bearing wear at elevated RPM's compared to a ATI. About 4500 RPM and higher is where the issu'es arise drastically.

This has been seen in racing conditions and on the dyno, by several of the best builders in the country. (Gasers and v-8 Diesels) The cummins at under 3500 rpm however (due to being internally ballanced and haveing the biggest crank and bearings around) could run with out a damper and be just fine......I know i've done it.

So useing this data on a Cummins is not quite the "Whole" storie, Does it wear more, it's negligable, but it's a Choice after all. Personally on a cummins i use stock or ATI, Duramax will always get a ATI. I have used FD for many years priour and would rather have less weight.

Last edited:
Back