Atlanta Results

DavidTD

DPM
Hundreds of racers showed up to the Atlanta track for the Hayes American Muscle Meet, which included the 7th Annual DPM Diesel Shoot-out as, provided by NADM. This year, the 50 diesel racers and diesel spectators were treated to event sponsors that also set-up in the Manufacturer Midway.

Scheid Motorsports was on hand with the dragster making more attempts at the 200 mph mark. Unfortunately they missed the mark, but ran in front of crowd and showed impressive numbers.

Darren Morrison of Pro Street Diesel ran an impressive 7.99 second pass at 162 mph. Darren’s transmission wasn’t up to the task of backing it up, but it was great to see Darren make a quick clean pass in his truck. Can’t wait to see it continue.

The AirWerks Unlimited Street class would find Jeff Garmon and Micky Davis facing off in the semi-round in a tight race that Davis would win. Davis and Garmon were about .010 apart on the tree, and .06 apart in ET. Philip Palmer would take a broke bye into the final.

The final round had Davis and Palmer at the tree for the season ending final round. Palmer would blister the tree, then have his output shaft snap and Davis took the win running a 6.59 @ 105.7 mph. Congrats to Micky Davis and the Pro Street Diesel Crew.

The DP-Tuner Quick Diesel class had Scotty Bradshaw facing current points leader Matt Wells in the semis. Wells handed the race to Bradshaw on a .003 red light.

The final would face Brian Buchanan (who had a bye in the semi round) against Bradshaw. Buchanan went red handing the win to Bradshaw in his Swamps Diesel Ford F-250.

The DPM ET Bracket class was a field of nearly 30 racers. Kurt Lincoln would face Brian Buchanan in the final round. Lincoln would run a 14.922 on a 14.90 dial to take the win. Billy Counts finished as the semi-finalist, losing to Buchanan in the semi-final round.

DPM also awards a $200 cash prize to the quickest manual transmission truck to compete in eliminations. Congrats go out to Phillip Mays in his 1995 Dodge 2500 for taking the win. Mays’ best pass was a 16.98 @ 85 mph.

Congrats to all the winners.

NADM would also like to thank all the event sponsors that came out to support the event.

DP-Tuner – Quick Diesel Class sponsor
Air Dog Fuel Preporator
Silverline Exhaust
Power Hungry Performance (official NADM programmer
Turbo Diesel and Electric (Garrett)
Turbo Diesel Register

I would like to thank David, and all the sponsors that put together another great event and look foward to the next one. These things take a lot of work and money to put together.

Sounds like a great time!

Appreciate allof those involved! Wish I was there, Gene and I were pulling double duty at a pull(no pun intended) in Dallas!

Great weather, good runs and this does go down as the first official NADM records for the year which I have been asked for by national magazines already! Dave worked all day to finalize year-end standings! Great job by him and Dieter and everyone who helped at the event!

I heard from several sponsors who was there and they reported a crowd of people at their booths most of the day!

Thank you for a great year in diesel drag racing!

RK

I would like to thank the NADM for a killer weekend!!!!!:Cheer:

I would like to thank the NADM for an awesome event. It being held in the same county we live in made in even more spectacular. :rockwoot: Thanks to everyone that made it happen; Sponsors, racers, and spectators. It was great to see everyone again and meet some new people also at our booth in Vendor Alley.

Jody and Diane

I would like to thank the NADM for an awesome event. It being held in the same county we live in made in even more spectacular. :rockwoot: Thanks to everyone that made it happen; Sponsors, racers, and spectators. It was great to see everyone again and meet some new people also at our booth in Vendor Alley.

Jody and Diane

You live in Commerce? I live in Jefferson. Had fun that the show. Thanks everyone

You live in Commerce? I live in Jefferson. Had fun that the show. Thanks everyone

We live in the small town of Hoschton. Half way between Jefferson and Braselton. Don't blink you'll miss us. :poke: You can't miss us right now though with all the scarecrows for the Guiness book of world records. :hehe:

We live in the small town of Hoschton. Half way between Jefferson and Braselton. Don't blink you'll miss us. :poke: You can't miss us right now though with all the scarecrows for the Guiness book of world records. :hehe:

Wow you are just down the road from me then. I live off Jackson trail rd. Yeah those scarecrows are everywhere.

Wow you are just down the road from me then. I live off Jackson trail rd. Yeah those scarecrows are everywhere.

Now that's cool. We live off Jackson Trail, 1 mile before it becomes a Jefferson address. Ya'll definately need to come to David's gtg Oct 4th. It will be great to get to know more diesel guys around here.

PLEASE, PLEASE explain the scare crows. I drove through there the other day and was freaked the f out. Yall are some wierd folk over there. Honestly I saw 10-15k scare crows even some acting like they were playing football :poke:

PLEASE, PLEASE explain the scare crows. I drove through there the other day and was freaked the f out. Yall are some wierd folk over there. Honestly I saw 10-15k scare crows even some acting like they were playing football :poke:

Well if it will make you feel better; I live here, but I ain't from around here. LOL

I guess there was some left over yearly budget money and they decided to spend it on getting their name in the Guinnness book of world records for the most scarecrows in one town.:clap: I guess if your going to be famous for something it might as well be scarecrows.:doh: :hehe:

Coming home from the track late Saturday night they freaked me out too. :poke: At the primary school I thought people were standing out there.

They broke the record at about 5K. :woohoo:

Now that's cool. We live off Jackson Trail, 1 mile before it becomes a Jefferson address. Ya'll definately need to come to David's gtg Oct 4th. It will be great to get to know more diesel guys around here.

That is cool. I sent an e-mail to him saying i would like to attend the gtg. :rockwoot:

Back