ATS Aurora MST (Multi Stage Turbo)

95yardbird

Found this turbo locally for $900. Is it worth it? Who has run it and what kinda results did you get? I will be DD and towing. I have 5x12 and 4gsk.

Some of us are quite helpful around here- whether it's a quiet exhaust you're looking for, or advice on how to quit blowing head gaskets, you've come to the right place.

You could always nut up. But then you would fit in with the newest area in our forum... And that isn't desirable.

I'd go look at it and see what it was based on. I think it was K31 based (Aurora 5000) so you might just be able to swap housings if the MST thing doesn't work. Also, check the flange and see if it is T3 or T4.

Edit: if you do have to turn it into an A5K, probably not the best towing/DD turbo...

Last edited:
FWIW my Aurora 4000 had MST cast on the compressor housing when I got it brand new from ATS. Just a plain old 4000, so don't trust the casting. When I sent it back to ATS for inspection, I had them grind it off, and get rid of the purple paint.

Allow me to give you some helpful information because I can't handle the fact that you called me a "douchebag". My feelings are very hurt.

Here is some info for you on that charger.

Let me google that for you

Also, I think the MST were on the 4000 series chargers only, but I may be wrong.

There still isn't a "e" in quit.

For $900 it's a gamble, but you could always swap out the housing and give it a shot.

Mr. Vaughn- I generally am quite helpful when I'm not talking about boats, hoes and tacos. I was just giving the noob some ****.

On edit: Let me check something. Yep, still not an "e" in quit.

Allow me to give you some helpful information because I can't handle the fact that you called me a "douchebag". My feelings are very hurt.

Here is some info for you on that charger.

Let me google that for you

Also, I think the MST were on the 4000 series chargers only, but I may be wrong.

There still isn't an "e" in quit.

For $900 it's a gamble, but you could always swap out the housing and give it a shot.

Mr. Vaughn- I generally am quite helpful when I'm not talking about boats, hoes and tacos. I was just giving the noob some ****.

On edit: Let me check something. Yep, still not an "e" in quit.

Sorry, I couldnt help myself :Cheer:

Eewww spinny things! I always loved those! I like this one because it looks like a hot air balloon.
puda2yja.jpg

Yardbird- I spoke with a buddy of mine over at ATS and he said that he was pretty sure that only two of those turbos ever left the building.

Just trying to help you out a bit.

Still no "e" in quit.

Back