Audi R18 Diesel lemans racer

RPM's

I guess after reading 5k for RPM's is about all with a larger CI diesel. With the smaller bore I can see a little higher but i'll bet the bore is a lot smaller than what we have. I have never seen a duramax make any power above 4200 to 4400 rpm no matter what turbo/nitrous they were using. Jeff

I guess after reading 5k for RPM's is about all with a larger CI diesel. With the smaller bore I can see a little higher but i'll bet the bore is a lot smaller than what we have. I have never seen a duramax make any power above 4200 to 4400 rpm no matter what turbo/nitrous they were using. Jeff

i guess you never completely read the article....They run restrictor plates (1.750-2.000") on each of the the intake manifolds!!!! and they limit the allowed total boost psi allowed.....

That limits RPM and power potential, these engines in non-lemans trim turn 8000 RPM and make over 1100hp thats a 5.5 lt engine. Fuel only!!! if you read the article further, they later went on to explain the whole restrictor idea's, and that the smaller CI will work better under the restrictions, and that they will raise the RPM up to 6000 with a 3.7lt and make the same power as last years 5.5lt.....
Get with it jeff!! LOL

if 42-4400 is the max peak power you have ever seen on a duramx, then, your not looking close enough, you saw mine run at piedmont, we peak over 5000+, so does banks, but im sure you forgot that.

Last edited:
i've seen video of stock cammed 1.9 tdi's spinning 5500. still looking for a dyno sheet to understand the power at that rpm from the guy. It reved well to 5500 in a few gears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab85r-O43G0

Diesel's will rev to great RPM's AND make power up there but most guys eather dont know how to do it or there stuck with a 18th centry mindset.

Think outside the box, and you can make anything happen.

have you guys seen the R8 TDI concept they SHOULD have put into production?
basically the same engine in a street car. 500hp, 730 torque, AWD, DO WANT.
Audi-R8-V12-TDI-Live.jpg

Wade

I see you must have taken the cast of your arm? You are patting yourself on the back pretty good again. Why don't you bring one of your championship truck's down to Fl in Feb. and show me how smart you are with the same rules! Hell if you promise to come we can race for some side money and I won't even run the real race. Take that heap of a motor you got and put it in a truck and come get yourself some! I will race you with your twins (no nitrous) against my street truck with no nitrous at the same weight for what ever money you want to race for! Don't be scared now! My motor still is under the work bench so i'm at the same disadvantage time wise as you, SO BRING IT. Jeff

I see you must have taken the cast of your arm? You are patting yourself on the back pretty good again. Why don't you bring one of your championship truck's down to Fl in Feb. and show me how smart you are with the same rules! Hell if you promise to come we can race for some side money and I won't even run the real race. Take that heap of a motor you got and put it in a truck and come get yourself some! I will race you with your twins (no nitrous) against my street truck with no nitrous at the same weight for what ever money you want to race for! Don't be scared now! My motor still is under the work bench so i'm at the same disadvantage time wise as you, SO BRING IT. Jeff

Im not patting my back, i just was reminding you of the truth! see i can back up what i claim......You well thats another story, you seem to always have a issue with me Doing and Talking....Cant you just sit back and learn? if you know so much and im so stupid, then why are you not out here going faster? Learn to be a leader and do somthing usefull for yourself and the diesel community.

Untill you can do what i have and make it work you opinion dont matter. sorry but i am not the one chasing you.....Fact is you seem to follow me in every thread and on every forum and sabotage every chance you get. That makes you a follower! why? does it make you feel better? Grow up jeff!

The point of the thread was far from what you made it into as useual, you have turned a informative thread into your bash session.

Last edited:
Im not patting my back, i just was reminding you of the truth! see i can back up what i claim......You well thats another story, you seem to always have a issue with me Doing and Talking....Cant you just sit back and learn? if you know so much and im so stupid, then why are you not out here going faster? Learn to be a leader and do somthing usefull for yourself and the diesel community.

Untill you can do what i have and make it work you opinion dont matter. sorry but i am not the one chasing you.....Fact is you seem to follow me in every thread and on every forum and sabotage every chance you get. That makes you a follower! why? does it make you feel better? Grow up jeff!

The point of the thread was far from what you made it into as useual, you have turned a informative thread into your bash session.

You're starting to sound like Greg.....

not sayin' just sayin'

Everyone!

If i'm wrong on Wade then tell me so. I will stop. I really don't like droping to his level but I don't want some (new or learning person) to believe some of his ramblings and outrite ignorant statements. Like I said before, He has a very nice truck! He just needs to let it do the talking and quit trying to trip his own trigger on how great he is.

If i'm wrong on Wade then tell me so. I will stop. I really don't like droping to his level but I don't want some (new or learning person) to believe some of his ramblings and outrite ignorant statements. Like I said before, He has a very nice truck! He just needs to let it do the talking and quit trying to trip his own trigger on how great he is.

This thread is about the audi R8 car nothing more! You turned it into something different.....Why cant you see this?

BTW what have i said that is a rambling or ignorant statement?

You do this on every forum, get put in your place then you feel bad try and back off....i dont get it. Jeff i dont have a issue with you, you have a issue with me.

Last edited:
Back