audio questions/mobile security

TxDiesel007

Uncommon CR problemed
Hello,

I have two ten inch subs, a 1000 watt eclipse audio amp for those and a 400 watt fosgate for the door kenwoods and it sounds plenty fine for me. what i am noticing as we speak now as i pick a dvd reciever..

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=130AVHP500&tp=448

I notice that no one carrys EQs anymore? am i missing something here or are they just no longer around?

with the windows down i can take this setup to about 40/53 on the volume with the cd adjusted for max volume and i can hear it perfectly. so i dont see a need for anymore sound than that, another 1000 watt amp would be overkill imho for the truck. plus i will dynamatt the interior as well.

Also on another note, what is the best security system out there for our vehicles? Im on a NO BS scheme now.. and im not stopping

I used a nice high end Clifford on my red truck with a Viper GPS. It would call my cell phone if one of the triggers I chose were tripped. You can also log onto the internet and track the vehicle real-time yourself vs. lojack where the tracking is in someone else's hands. I could also arm/disarm/remote start from my cell phone if I lost my key fob.

The only use for an EQ is to make up for crappy speakers, poor processing, or inferior installation. If you want to tweak a little get a head unit that as a built in 5 band parabolic or something like that where you can make up for the natural cancellations/amplifications that can occur in a vehicle's cabin.

Ok so an EQ is outta the question now

thanks guys! Anyways, what about this clifford alarm? Forrest i do like what u are saying....

Rick

Look for one with the features you want from DEI electronics (they have many brands and all are good). Then have it professionally installed for best performance. If you are really good with car stereo installs you should be able to handle an alarm, as the hardest part is knowing where to find the correct wires to tap into, etc... If you know anyone in the industry they can usually download a list for your particular vehicle and give it to you. There are some websites/forums that you can get the info from as well.

I've played with car audio for the better part of 20 years. The older I get, the more expensive it seems to get. I built and installed several systems that have done well in competition. The last one I personally competed with was in a Dodge Neon using surplus Hafler mids, Magnadyne tweeters, Clarion amps and head unit and eq. I had less than $1200 in the whole system and it was the best sounding car I've ever owned.

In my new system I'm running two 30 band parametric eq's and a 7 band preamp in the dash. The parametrics let you dial the system into the acoustics of the vehicle. I'm using one for left channel and the other for the right. Here is the 30 band:

EQ30-SL.jpg

I'm using the 7 band to tweak as one type of music might need a little more of one band or less of another. Here is the 7 band:

Sp7-sl.jpg

This gives you the most flexibility especially if you listen to a lot of different types of music.

If you are interested, I have a brand new Arc Audio 7 band PEQ 1/2 din.

PEQ-FRONT.jpg

http://www.arcaudio.com/productdescription_pages/processors/equilizers/peq.asp

Last edited:
Back