August Blackout

DennisM

CompD Sponsor
First off I want to thank everyone who made the trip up to Canada for this event. Glad you all came out and had a blast in the heatwave :D Despite a few minor issues (accident, blown up trucks, and other delays) the weekend went well. A lot of fast trucks, record times and memories. The crowd was great, NHRDA was awesome and the sponsors were fantastic. Thanks everyone!

Besides that, I would like to hear your thoughts about the event, if you attended. Let us know! Thanks again.

One thing Dennis, there were hardly any porta pottys.... I know somewhat of a minor detail, until you need one

Kevin

LOL I will see what Castrol can do about this, are you meaning more so in the pit areas?

Bathroom's are VERY important! expecially when it comes to racing :doh:
Did the facility not have permanent bathrooms?

allmost on sunday,, it was getting desperate,, lol,, rum dum stuff
lol

Kevin

Great event and I want to say thanks again to Barry for helping us get our truck running again

Thanks NADP, it was great event. Thanks to everyone for the awesome hospitality. My first trip up to Edmonton and there's definitely a great group of people up there...with some very sick trucks!

The weather was warm, but nothing like the soupy heat we get on the East Coast. Although I'm sure it didn't help the ET's.

Congrats on the record times!

There were a lack of restrooms...ummm, I mean washrooms. There was one there in the staging lanes for the nervous pee'ers.

Look forward to seeing everyone again. :Cheer:

Hey Dennis

Great job the event was as bad as any of the previous Blackouts....

To everyone else out there that came to the event.... Thank you for helping NADP make this such an awsome event because without us competitors the diesel sport wouldnt be where we are today, and people like NADP would not be hosting such events.

To all of you that the Stax crew met up and talked to it was great to meet you and hope to talk again.

Once again thanx NADP for a kick ass weekend :rockwoot::rockwoot:

James Dack c/o Stax Motorsports:Cheer:

The Blackout was KiCk AsS!!!!!!!!!! I had a great time! Well done NADP!!!

Only one time did I have tears in my eyes and that was at the end of the awards...That little boy deserves the world and seeing him and listening to him really brings it home as to why supporting Make A Wish is so important...

Can't wait until next year :D

the best one yet, glad to see all you guys make it out, can't wait for next year

There were permanent (and clean) bathrooms at the bottom of the tower. You may have seen me sprint for them while running from the Pro-2 truck to the Pro-Street truck just before PS first round ;)

I really enjoyed this event. Tons of people, great racing, etc. I'm bummed that we (the two ISSPRO guys) got tired and gave up on the party, as it apparently got going pretty well not long after we left. Note to self: those Canadians start their parties late in the evening and keep them going all night long, so I'd better be well rested next time.

There was even more carnage than usual, particularly when you count Alex Laughlin's trip into (or rather through the air over) the sand traps. I feel really bad for them, as they busted their butts getting both those race cars together so they could put on a good show for everyone. While everyone else was out drinking and watching the pulls on Saturday, those guys were hard at work.

I had tears in my eyes too while listening to that little boy tell his story. I was fortunate enough to be very close to him on the stage, and it seemed to hit home even more that way. Dennis, could you please provide info on where to make donations to that organization? I tried to find the people after the awards ceremony, but everyone cleared out pretty fast.

As a vendor, I kinda hoped more of the people from the stands made it into the vendor booths, but there was always so much going on that I'll bet they didn't want to miss anything. The official lunch break did help in that regard (letting people know that they could wander from the stands for 30 minutes without missing anything). Maybe we just needed some hot women in our booth instead of a couple of engineers, to attract the crowds ;)

I'd like to thank all of the NADP and NHRDA crew who put this on. I'd also like to thank Brad Makinen from G&J Diesel for giving me another chance to drive DirtyMax, and for Randy Cole (of NHRDA) who loaned me his tow rig to race in Pro-2 (I lent my Jetta to JettaGirl, who blew hers up). All 3 vehicles were returned in working order, so I call that a successful weekend!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Sled pulling needs a bit of work in terms of organization, pull order, tech inspections, and some track changes.

But first things first, a scale to weigh the trucks would have been a good start.

Michael, to make a donation to Make-A-Wish Foundation visit www.wish.org (US Chapters Website) but if you prefer to make a donation to the Northern Alberta Chapter visit http://www.makeawish.ca/chapter/northern_alberta

Just remember that there are MANY kids like Chad that need help. I am sure 90% of their stories will also make you tear up. So feel free to donate to any of the chapters. I am sure there is one in your area as well.

And ya Denny, the Sled Pulls need some work. Like i said last week, its a work in progress and I am hoping that come next year, all the kinks will be gone and hopefully *nudge, nudge* there will be ONE set of universal rules for Sled pulling. But like I said, you pullers need to speak up for change. It's the only way this will happen :D

And Kevin, sorry you almost shat yourself LOL. It is a bit of a long haul to a toilet if you're in the pit areas. I guess they want to accommodate the fans more so than the drivers :( I will bring this up to Castrol when we have a meeting with them.

thanks Dennis, and again, great job, I will definately be back next year!!

Kevin

Sorry I missed the event, will make it next year. Would be great to see the results? Anyone know if they are posted anywhere?

Here are the drag racing results:
Pro-2
1st Michael Pliska 15.400 @ 86.19, 0.064 RT, 15.35 dial
2nd Kendall Freed 15.682 @ 82.99, 0.067 RT, 15.69 dial

Pro-1
1st Nathan Black 12.551 @ 110.26, 0.226 RT, 12.49 dial
2nd Mike Fox 12.845 @ 106.23, -0.008 RT, 12.80 dial

Super-Street
1st Shawn Ellerton 11.811 @ 116.85, 0.450 RT
2nd Kevin Douglas 22.111 @ 102.09, 1.057 RT
Low ET - 10.845 - Kevin Morken
Top Speed - 128.05 - Morken

Pro-Street
1st Michael Pliska 10.156 @ 137.36, 0.122 RT
2nd Malcolm Cross 12.922 @ 101.43, 0.403 RT
Low ET - 9.864 - Pliska
Top Speed - 144.30 Cross

from the drag racing crowd the weekend was awsome the truck count in pro 1 was unreal 72 i beleive the track had great prep for sat NADP keep up the good work and it will be the premire event for years to come:rockwoot:

from the drag racing crowd the weekend was awsome the truck count in pro 1 was unreal 72 i beleive the track had great prep for sat NADP keep up the good work and it will be the premire event for years to come:rockwoot:

Actually the truck count in Pro1 was only 8 qualified trucks with only 6 showing up for eliminations Sunday. Pro2 had 72. Would have liked to have seen some of them move up to Pro1 as they had the times to do it. I saw at least 8 trucks that could have stepped up. Oh well.

I had a great time as well. Thank you, Dennis, for all of your hard work and effort to pull this off. I know that organizing such an event is a monumental task, and you did very well.:clap:

Thank you, Michael Pliska, for graciously loaning me your car to race. I owe you big time.:Cheer:

Can't wait for next year... My car will be there for sure this time!! :cheer:

Back