Aurora 5k

There are better 2.8 turbos out there for less money $.02

I would say it depends on the amount of fuel you plan on running. A5K's have a tighter housing than other brands so you might be better off with that.

If I were you I'd call ATS or II or another turbo shop and tell them what you want to do. A 2.8 is a lot of turbo.

An A5K is a good turbo in making power and having nice spool-up. The problem with them is that they do not like high boost. The shaft likes to bend.

That turbo will make more power than a silver bullet. You don't have enough fuel to need something so big.

You may look into to one of the custom turbo shops. One that comes to mind that you hear alot about on here is Engineered Diesel. Or even Scheid.

Brother runs 220hp sticks and Aurora 4000. Works great, a little warm on WOT blasts. For 200hp sticks I think the 4000 would be perfect.

Brother runs 220hp sticks and Aurora 4000. Works great, a little warm on WOT blasts. For 200hp sticks I think the 4000 would be perfect.

What 220 sticks?

I have an A4000 and jammer 4's and it gets warm, but I don't think I have enough fuel to get it spooled and the jammer's run hot...

I ran a sb, hit over 1000 hp with it. I think that would be a much better turbo for this application. I really dont think that a 4000 is enough turbo for that combination. I think that you will have some serious EGT issues with that..

Mach 6's with the A4k have gotten up to 1800*, but thats wide open from 0 to 100-110mph. So its not really that bad. Runs very strong, cleans up pretty well and EGT's are fine as long as your not really hot rodin it. I would go with the Mach 5's for the A4k though myself.

Last edited:
Back