auto swap no start with key

dieselhead117

Up and Coming
I just swapped a 47re in for my nv4500 and for the life of me this thing will not start with the key! I have a manual vb and my clutch safety switch spliced together and the only way I can get it to start is when I hot wire it. Everything else has gone smoothly but this. Also, I have checked every relay and fuse I have to make sure I'm not missing something. When I put my circut tester on the spliced safety switch wires, it tells me they are grounded, but the bulb in the tester only lights up about halfway. maybe something there? I would appreciate the help because after a ton of searching I have only gotten a vague idea of what is going on:nail:.

did you change wiring harness from manual to auto?

If the truck thinks its in a gear other than park or neutral it wont start.

truck thinks it's in gear! Find and connect the neutral wires together.

Jumper wire the neutral safety switch thats the 2 prong switch attached to the slave cylinder thats what I did on mine you wont have a nss then but so long as your only one driving then no worries.

The plug that I disconnected from my slave cylinder is the only thing that I wired together.

To start the truck that is the only wire needed to be jumpered for the truck to start. None of the wiring to the trans solenoid need be hooked up for truck to start. Ive done 2 trucks and both were started wout trans. before we went on to istall tranny. Check your jumper possibly not good connections. And leave ur ecm etc plugged up normal.

Bump. Those two wires go from under that dash to where? I'd like to try to splice them somewhere where I can get a better connection.

Back