auto swap price question

Mopar1973

All the following is out of an 06 qclb 4x4 and this is NOT a for sale ad. I can get my hands on a 48re 4x4 with stock converter, newer ttva, stock flex plate, trans mount, new stock cooler, all associated hardware to install, front amd rear driveshafts for a qclb. What is a fair price to pay for all of the above?

If it's going in your 04.5 I don't think the ttva will do you any good... probably $4,000. I could tell you what I have into my swap.... but you would probably run for the hills lol.

4k seems reasonable. How are you planning on controlling it, pcs, stock harness or a manual vb? If your going to get it built you could do without most of the parts. If so, all you's need is the adapter plate, trans, driveshafts, transfer case input and whichever rear trans mount you have, the 2 or 3 slotted rubber mount. I'd just skip out on the stock cooler and get an aftermarket with a fan.

What are you doing with your old 6 speed stuff? I am looking to swap auto to manual in my 04

just so everyone know you DO NOT NEED THE ADAPTER PLATE. ive done many swaps both ways and my personal truck too they all kept their own plates the trans all bolt the same.

The issue is the with the nv5600. On them the adapter plate is spaced out where the starter goes. It is part of the casting. With the 48re it's flat.

thats why valair and southbend make a starter spacer you can get cheap

Your right since the op already has a g56, I over looked that. You would need it if you're swapping from a 5600 unless you want to grind all the teeth of the starter.

Back