auto to manual conversion. parts? info? any experience with this

zethtays

wanting to change out my auto out of my 06 4x4 qcsb to a manual, What the truck has in it now stock 48re shifts great no problems only 65000 miles on the truck always serviced according to manual, electric transfer case, truck is stock other than exhaust. could someone give me some basis to go off of to start sourcing parts not sure how easy it will be to just find a parts truck, I see alot of references to getrag 56's why is this arent they an older transmission I had a 56 in my 1st gen, any help is appreciated

Easier to sell and buy a new truck but if not possible a wrecked truck will be the way to go!

dont want to change trucks looked a long time for the one I have, would love to find a cheap wreck

I see alot of references to getrag 56's why is this arent they an older transmission I had a 56 in my 1st gen, any help is appreciated

The G56 transmission didn't come out until the mid 2005 model year trucks. You could either get an NV5600 or a G56 in 2005. All the newer stuff has the G56 in it.

ok i see now, anyone any experience with this, how does your truck perfrom electronically after this any glitches to work through, any codes

You would need to reprogram the ECM with a Smarty or some other way to flash the ECM.

Back