Auto to Manual Questions.

92twelvevlv

Ok I have a 92 Ext cab 4x4 W250 that has the OD automatic, now my tranny works great, it was a brand new unit from dodge in 2000 with the heavy duty OD gear. But I hate automatics and I pull alot and want a stick.
So I would like to do a 5 speed main with a 2 speed splitter behind it, I would like a two stick setup, or an air shift for the splitter?
Anybody know of a setup like this that would work for me.
Or a straight up 10 speed.
Thanks for any input!

I believe there was a thread on DTR or cumminsforum where a guy stuck an eaton fuller 10spd in his truck. not sure but ill take a look.

I love that truck!!
Yeah but the problem is, I hate automatics, Any car I own I convert to sticks or I will just not buy it cause of the automatics.
I have driven my fair share of auto and stick diesels and nothing to me is like a diesel mounted to a stick shift. Just how I feel.

I love that truck!!
Yeah but the problem is, I hate automatics, Any car I own I convert to sticks or I will just not buy it cause of the automatics.
I have driven my fair share of auto and stick diesels and nothing to me is like a diesel mounted to a stick shift. Just how I feel.

All I drive or buy is stick. I have had this truck for almost 5 years with the NV4500 and have gone through 3 full built nV4500s. Now, I do like to drag race so that is why they like to destroy themselves.
The auto is the cats ass for drag racing.

Back