Auto to Manual????

Slim

Breakin Crap
Hey guys ive been pricing out how much it is gonna be to be to build my auto tranny and im seriously thinkin bout just puttin my money togeather and converting to a manual... I m just going to be towing and i wanted a manual but i got such a god deal on this auto i couldnt pass it up... anyways my question is has anyone done it and does anyone have a clue what it would cost???? Any input would be helpful... Thanks guys!!

Expensive.....

If you need a good pulling automatic give me a shout, we have some real options.

W

to go out and buy a manual trans and all the parts you need plus a clutch specially a 2 disk you are looking about asy 1500 for a trans and 2300 for a good 3850 with new slave and input and lets say 100 for pedals 150 in driveshafts changing lengths if it s 4x4 you need a new transfer or do like i did and swap inputs in them.

basically if you have to buy it all its cheaper to keep the auto and buy a built one from goerends or build it. if you have a few wrecked trucks laying around then its cheap sortof
good luck jeremy

If you can find somewone with a standard who wants an auto, its not all that bad.........At least for my SD.....Everything mates ujp niceley......Didnt have to change driveshafts, all the stuff on the column swapped out easily. The only thing thats tough is the harnesses.......Id say for your best bet find a truck in the same year as you. Makes things easier,do some research, see if your t cases will be the same, I know for the fords the auto uses a smaller input shaft so that had to be changed......For the standard the tunnel is bigger on the Fords so the guy that has my ZF6 had to clearance his floor pan a bit. Pedals and slave cylinder were direct bolt ins......For you its farley easy, you dont really have to worry about much PCM mods because you are basically the computer now.....If you have any other questions PM me.....I know I did it on a Ford but maybe I can help in some ways.

i converted mine and a buddys truck in the last couple months leave the wire harness its easier front drive shaft is too long and rear is too short i think dont hold me to the rear i know on mine the carrier bearing had to be moved around the hardest part is getting the deadals in the dash other than that its not bad and you have some coolatn lines you have to swap around and remove and trans lines thats about the worst of it its just a bunch of little stuff

Back