B&M 9" Tranny Cooler-Yay or nay?

floridabob

Been doing some searching for a supplemental tranny cooler for my 96 2wd. The heat exchanger was pulled for twins and I would like a second cooler. Thinking it will be mounted up under the truck so it will need a fan. After some searching on here and in general reading and question asking, I came up with the this one:

BM Hi-Tek SuperCoolers with Fans - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Any specific feedback on it one way or another? I have come across others but they seem pretty similar to this model/idea.

Looking for any horror stories or positives on this model.

Or, if you're willing to fall on a sword for another model.

Mostly will be a street driven truck that will see some towing.

Bob

I was told the b&m stacked plate was superior to the derale coolers. Mine does great, right above the axle where it's safe!

Sent from my iPhone during class

I have two in the box, they work awesome
dragtruck004.jpg

Ummm, your not gonna be towing Bob. Wrong setup, why don't you post some pics of your build? Lmao

No towing? I ordered a tow sled when I brought it in! :lolly:

I'll get some pics when I see you on Saturday, Mr. Wrongway, and put them together with the others we gathered for a thread. Gotta give you credit, though.

You ok with that? :evil

I'm ordering the derale 15800 tonight.

Your going to have to wipe some drool off that blinged out engine when you get pictures.

Funny part about all that bling was that we started the project thinking to keep it understated.

Oh, and there was hope that we would only need to put the new head on rather than have to punch it out....and hope that the Super B Special would light better before we decided twins....and hope that the valve covers, air horn and injector lines I had powder coated would look good before we switched to the.....

Etc, etc.

Man, this thing got away from me but good :woohoo:

You cant see it unless you pop the hood. I started of the same way with my truck. Its definately a very nice truck.

Back