Back Again!! new sled puller for TTTPA

singlesmoker06

just cause it smokes dont
well, been gone for a while, havent been on comp d for about 6 or 8 months heck, maybe even a year.....:nail: Broke the 06 of mine a while back just drivin home from work, went from third to fourth and shattered the tranny. truck sat for about 3 months behind the house during the sitting time, put a lift new tires and wheels and took all performance parts off and decided that i was done messin with this POS!!!! Only reason i kept it was because i didnt owe much on it and kinda just went for looks and a good daily driver when i needed it. Just purchased an 02 CTD that had a bad vp pump on it.... picked up the truck for 3k and have a little over 1000 in parts so im not much over 4k in it. Got the bug again and cant stand it!!!!!! ive had alot of people say i need to keep the new 02 stock and make a tow rig out of it, then use the black beast again for pullin'....... just cant do it !!! this 02 has 218k miles on it but runs great now after a new VP and new injectors, Edge comp drag box, gauges and some death wobble fix:clap: have big plans for this truck in the coming months and plan on entering the curcuit again next season. may not be real competitive but i think i will be able to hold my own with all the new parts comin in. i am a big fan of the VP trucks this is my 3rd over the years, and i hope that this will all work out again!!!!! Glad to see that we have some competition still !!!!:stab: Im goin to put some before and after pics of both trucks on here and yall let me know what yall think!!!! Have a good one!!!

Which pull do you plan to make it to first? The season is about over. Looking forward to seeing your vp hook to the sled

itll be the beginning of next years season, i plan on starting off just like everyone else ill have to look i dont even know where the first pull is. i still have alot of work to do to it, justgot the ladder bars done today and have quite a few more parts to put on before then.... truck has some small issues, itll be painted before then , new tires, just minor stuff. ill hsve to do some more research on these vp trucks because times have changed since i had my last one in 03, been running a common rail ever since so ive lost touch with these vp trucks... i like the vp trucks becuase in my opinion they are simple trucks to build and they work as long as you take the precautions for fuel and boost...... i just hope to be able to compete with these guys cause they are all doing very well and to my knowledge there is only one other vp truck and thats KP's truck so i jsut hope it works

There is a good setup for a VP44 truck, just takes a bit more gear, and the right charger.

Yeah just one vp...and some very competitive 12 valves. Good luck and I think the first pull will be in priddy but I'm not sure or alverado but it's not s tttpa event

There is a good setup for a VP44 truck, just takes a bit more gear, and the right charger.

yeah the truck has 4:10's in it already and i think with a set of 265's ill be ok might try some 285's but that might me to much for it, still got a cam and big charger to put on with some springs and i think ill be good. might need bigger injectors but ill do a few test runs with it with the injcetors i have now and see

Yeah just one vp...and some very competitive 12 valves. Good luck and I think the first pull will be in priddy but I'm not sure or alverado but it's not s tttpa event

alvaredo is always a good turnout, ive pulled there several times in the past and won a dyno event there also with my 06. that is a good all around pull and dyno show for a great cause.....

yeah the truck has 4:10's in it already and i think with a set of 265's ill be ok might try some 285's but that might me to much for it, still got a cam and big charger to put on with some springs and i think ill be good. might need bigger injectors but ill do a few test runs with it with the injcetors i have now and see

You have the right ratio, but you are missing the key elements.

and whats that? in your opinion

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/mymack9nozzle#p/u/5/LnkZt_94MsA"]http://www.youtube.com/user/mymack9nozzle#p/u/5/LnkZt_94MsA[/ame]

3:15 mark is a VP truck...took second that night.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/mymack9nozzle#p/u/20/0GwuP1zKwDE"]http://www.youtube.com/user/mymack9nozzle#p/u/20/0GwuP1zKwDE[/ame]

Same truck 5:15 mark...took 3rd...If the slip yoke had not give way, he would have had 2nd again.

We have a Redline box.

Dale

ive always been curious about those redline boxes, would like to learn more about them and ive read up on them on their website quite a few times, never really knew anyone that had one on their truck especially down here in tx that i know of. as far as i know they basically bypass everything making it fuel way past 2800 and im sure there is more to it than that , thats just what i gathered from it..... correct me if im wrong:lolly:

That one of the keys ^^^^

ive heard alot about these redline boxes, but like i said to 2wpuller, noone down here runs one as far as i know, i could be totally wrong, but theres only one other 24 v in the curcuit im gonna pull in. my goal is to have a very competitive Vp truck cause like i said, there just arent many down here that pull in a sanctioned event like what we pull in..... most just have waaaaay to big injectors and a smarty stacked with a comp box or a juice, and an undersized turbo.... like i said, i wanna make this truck solid and competitive with all these 12v's and ill sink the money in it if need be, any input form you guys is very much appreciated..... thanks for the input so far guys keep it comin

redline gets you to 4k rpms. personally i would have p pumped it from the get go. redlines are not cheap.

redline gets you to 4k rpms. personally i would have p pumped it from the get go. redlines are not cheap.

that was the plan in the beginning because when i bought the truck the injector pump was bad, but i had all the parts already to build a vp truck.... plus i think if i can hang with these guys im gonna be pullin against then ill be ok and that saying something for a VP

Back