backpressure wastegate controller questions

hpprose

In the Dark
Hey Guys,

I'm doing a little research. Who is using the back pressure wastegate controller from Bullseye? How far are you screwing in the screw? Anyone have a photo of the assembly installed and adjusted?

THANKS!

Are you talking about the wastegate actuator spring/rod?

If so, I have one from Engineered Diesel. I have only had it on for about 1000 miles now, and I havent had any problems. Best part about it is you dont have to cruch the drain tube on the turbo.

I think E.D.s is cheaper than Bullseyes part.

Why does the Bullseye one only work for Twins?

What makes the ED one better?

Anyone have a photo of the bullseye one adjusted? I'm want to see how far the spring is compressed. Thanks,

because the ED one actually clears the oil drain tube

The bullseye spring gate fit my truck just fine you get a new oil line with it some one sold you one without a oil drain line ? clears the oil line , I like the way thay look. Its a nice set up.

one truck with a 2ed gen single s-300 with a bulleyes spring gate AND THE OIL LINE THATS COMES WITH IT for a single turbo . also one truck with twins looks very nice works very well both ways

wouldn't clear my oil drain... no oil drain came with it. I had to use a dimpled 3rd gen drain. it works great, and it fits great in a twin application, but I'd rather just use the ED one

one truck with a 2ed gen single s-300 with a bulleyes spring gate AND THE OIL LINE THATS COMES WITH IT for a single turbo . also one truck with twins looks very nice works very well both ways

I think Jack-diesel maybe a little biased b/c he makes the one for Bullseye.

I made my own... clears oil drain fine and works like a charm.

Photo0400.jpg

The bullseye spring gate fit my truck just fine you get a new oil line with it some one sold you one without a oil drain line ? clears the oil line , I like the way thay look. Its a nice set up.

they sold me one without an oil drain because I got one when it first came out...

how much is it with the oil drain? seems like it would be cheaper/easier to build one that clears the oil drain :)

I think Jack-diesel maybe a little biased b/c he makes the one for Bullseye.

Its not biased to state a fact . This poster was asking about the bullseye spring gate. There are over 150 of these type of spring gates sold and hafe were for single turbo 2ed gen apps that fit thay work just the facts . As for the settings the poster asked about thay will very with turbine wheel size a good base line with the big spring is 6 to 8 turns in after the spring has seated. I Think that's what the poster was looking for glen

Back to my original question,

How far are you screwing in the screw?

Anyone have a photo of the assembly installed and adjusted?

I think he just answered your question in the post above yours...

I just tweaked on mine untill the boost was where I wanted it

yeah, I guess. Thanks for pointing that out Forrest and Thanks Jack for the explination.

Back