Bad luck continues

neilden

ready to kick some ass
Well I get my pump back from industrial and then I'm blowing threw my converter on my just refreshed sun coast trans. A buddie of mine and I take it for a drive so I can get his opinion on what is happening. And I look over and see my Check guages light come on after a couple of hits. I look over and my temp Guage is almost pegged out. This truck never overheats but my heater core did just start leaking a couple of days ago so I chock it up to the fluid leaking.
Wet get back to his shop and I start to cool the radiator to cool the motor but the temp wasn't coming down as quick as it should have.
So I shut the motor off and start to look around and what do I see the tell tale signs of a cracked block and knowing I don't have a 53 block I can't believe it. But after getting the mirror out Yep is cracked just like a 53 block. Just my luck... its not swoled luck but seems to happen almost as often. So now I've got to find another block to get my truck back on the road again. ... Anyone else having luck like mine or am I getting everyone else's bad luck for them?

My 53 is cracked about 6 inches I just cleaned it up good put some water weld on it and leave the radiator cap loose and drive the hell out of it

What block do you have? Diesel Freak cracked his 55 block. He had the power cranked up considerably since almost new and it was pushing 200k miles.

Looks like a 27 block and hp is 500-600 range currently

I've got 2 early 12V blocks sitting here that are cracked just like a 53 normally does.

It sucks I don't think my truck wants to live anymore

Just trying to find one close that isn't a 53 is being a pain so far

Well the **** storm keeps coming my freshly rebuilt trans just fried the front clutches together. Less than two months of driving and no track time and it's done. Have to call the builder Monday and talk to them. The last trans they did for me was awesome! I couldn't kill it. It got to 302 degrees in the pan and lived with no issues the only reason I sent it back was because the shifts were getting a little soft figured time for a refresh and now is fried. I'm just a little passed off!

I've got plenty of bad luck hitting me on my twins install. Looks like I may be in a rental car Monday.

Well the **** storm keeps coming my freshly rebuilt trans just fried the front clutches together. Less than two months of driving and no track time and it's done. Have to call the builder Monday and talk to them. The last trans they did for me was awesome! I couldn't kill it. It got to 302 degrees in the pan and lived with no issues the only reason I sent it back was because the shifts were getting a little soft figured time for a refresh and now is fried. I'm just a little passed off!

Call TRE, my brothers truck just fried the front clutches and TRE is covering everything including shipping! And that's on a 800+ hp street truck.

Back