Bad Miss

Compression test came back fine and injectors are fine so they are "certain" it's the pump. Just talked to floor it diesel and he is the smartest guy I've talked to so far. Gonna have him check it out as soon as I can

It hasn't used any collant since I had the radiator out in december to replace timing case. (bought it cheap with cracked case kdp)

Well if it is just a small break between cylinders the it shouldn't use coolant

That's true. Is there any easier way to check than a leak down test? Truck is bone stock with 200k so that's why I never really thought headgasket

Well if it is just a small break between cylinders the it shouldn't use coolant

It may not consume coolant but I would expect an issue to show up on a compression or leak down test if it were a headgasket. He said they did a compression test and it came back fine.

#4 had 405 lbs. All were within ten. Anyone else have opinios on floor-it? Heard nothing but good so far

ive heard lots of good about them, i have a friend that wont deal with anyone but them.

cool. well i heard from my injector guy and he said that injector #4, (i numbered them) the cylinder i was missing on, was messed up. he said it wouldnt even pop off it was just pissing fuel. so hopefully that solves my miss. great guy to deal with by the way cleaned, popped, and rebuilt all my injectors for $75.

cool. well i heard from my injector guy and he said that injector #4, (i numbered them) the cylinder i was missing on, was messed up. he said it wouldnt even pop off it was just pissing fuel. so hopefully that solves my miss. great guy to deal with by the way cleaned, popped, and rebuilt all my injectors for $75.

How did you end up getting it out of the head?

well i had to pull the head and beat it out with a screwdriver. but i think my timing slipped after i got it back together

ok so i got the truck together and bent 2 pushrods, ran like crap. so i replaced them and it ran way better. so now i moved ~650 miles up to michigan hauling a full uhaul trailer and a bed full of stuff now its starting to miss again but not quite as bad. on either or both number 3 and 4 valve covers there is oil pushing out from under the gasket. it was leaking pretty bad when i was towing. and since the miss started to come back it makes me think its the valve seals, which would also explain the valve cover leak. also the valve cover gaskets are pretty new, they only have about 1000 miles on them.

Are you getting in a bit of a hurry on your assembly?? Needless problems seems to be showing their butt.

Not really I've always given myself plenty of time when time when working on my truck. The reason I thinks it's parts wearing out is because the truck has 315,000 miles on it.

So does this sound like a valve stem seal problem? Could I replace them with the head on the truck if I just bar the engine and do 2 cylinders at a time when they are at tdc so the valves don't drop? If so then I could do it this weekend when I do my final retorque.

They can be replaced that way. Careful installing the push rods again!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Good Luck.

Back