baffled any ideas

Backhoe man

nobody
Well my truck is a 6.7 and it seems to be stuck or going backward can not tell. I started with a 64/71/14 and everything else stock pretty stock made like 550hp and 1300 egt also using a pressure box at the time, went to a dragonslayer pump with the same turbo and made like 610 hp with 1600 egt gauge buried and coming around further. The drive pressure was very high no gauge at the time but I could blow the gate open with compressed air at the start of the run and make the same power and boost with the gate wide open from just after spoolup to the end of the run, very smokey and hot. So I switch to a garret 4094 and take out the pressure box ( long story but it did not end well) also added isspro performax gauges with the ability to data log to see exactly what was going on. Anyway that made like 560 hp and the egt's were in the 1700 range ( I got a 2000 degree gauge this time:bang) but the turbo drove really nice on the street, but the drive presssure was 2 to 1 and it ran hot while towing. Okay phuck it go big or go home right, so I order a 468 68/83/.9 and a 50mm external gate to keep her on the map this should cure all my problems and it has plenty of exhaust wheel. Well after three hours on the dyno last night I made 581 on software 1 POD 75, 560 on software 3, 530 on softwares 5 and 7. Now this is all with smarty TNT, on revo 9 it made 530. Did I mention that the most smokey run was software 1 pod 75 *bdh*. I am lost on this turbo was just as hot as the others 1600-1700 but the drive pressure was in the 1.3 range. This is all with stock injectors, and I can still blow this s400 right of the map if I want. Any ideas? I am open believe me, either that or I am going to be driving a stock truck soon and go buy a p-pump.

Sorry to hear you are still fighting it. I've noticed that my 4094 does seem to run hotter than the 64/71/16 I had. Mines not as hot as yours, but then it is force feeding a GT55.

Pressure relief valve good?

Increasing duration and losing power is likely a rail pressure issue.

I have nothing to offer.

But, I'm curious how that S468 spools on the street?

Thanks ron I am trying but I am not even sure what I am fighting now. Jp yea the relief is good and rail pressure is 26500 start to finish.

It's a shame we don't have good options in between an S300 and the smallest S400. Have you talked to Rip at Source Automotive? He's got a 6.7 and last I heard he had it running good.

I have nothing to offer.

But, I'm curious how that S468 spools on the street?

468 is better than I though it would be, spools around 1800 on the street not so good on the dyno needs about 2100 to get up and running. But it is very drivable with my setup, does not like being drowned in fuel at all it will react by leaving a toxic cloud across at least two lanes. As long as I roll into it no problem at all to drive just have to drive it like a p-pump.

It's a shame we don't have good options in between an S300 and the smallest S400. Have you talked to Rip at Source Automotive? He's got a 6.7 and last I heard he had it running good.

Yea he is running twins I believe which may be my only option, put a gt45 or 47 under something that spools very fast with a gate in front of it. Oh well back to the drawing boards I guess

You shouldnt be making max power on sw1, especially with a stage 3 pump and stock injectors. I dont buy the idea that youre out of air either. Cap the prv just for the hell of it---not a big fan of the shim setup. Fwiw ive seen multiple examples of back to back dyno testing where a modded pump will not add power until a pressure box is added.

You shouldnt be making max power on sw1, especially with a stage 3 pump and stock injectors. I dont buy the idea that youre out of air either. Cap the prv just for the hell of it---not a big fan of the shim setup. Fwiw ive seen multiple examples of back to back dyno testing where a modded pump will not add power until a pressure box is added.

It is capped I think there may be something I need to know about this version of TNT not sure why it is doing what it is. I definitely made more power with the pressure box but the injectors did not like it and I am not willing to try that again. I do not buy the idea that I am out of air either but the temps are so hot it is puzzling. I wish we would have taken a video it was so smokey you would not believe it.

Heat on an egt gauge is relative to timing, and not a good indicator of actual cylinder temps in most cases. Are you running low timing?

Heat on an egt gauge is relative to timing, and not a good indicator of actual cylinder temps in most cases. Are you running low timing?

I ran everything from 2-4 they were all about the same on temps. I just can not believe a 80 lb per minute charger makes the same heat as a 90 lb per minute charger. I have a cam maybe I will get it in and see if that helps

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but twins do what you are wanting to do and no single charger will.

Back