Baja Claws?

roachie

Taco Master
Anyone ran them on a DD truck? Looking at some 33x12.5R17 for my driver.

How is the road noise and tread life? Really trying to decode between these and the ATZ's.

Anyone ran them on a DD truck? Looking at some 33x12.5R17 for my driver.

How is the road noise and tread life? Really trying to decode between these and the ATZ's.

Aren't those Mickey's ? If so, way to soft a tire to last on the street... in fact all the Mickey's I've ran are. Cool looking tires though but, way over priced.

A good mudder type street tire IMO are ProComp Xterrains. I've ran them on every truck I've had and wouldn't buy anything else. They're great in the rain, snow & mud and don't sound like a prop propeller plane going down the road.

They are mickeys, I loved my last set. I think they had 70k when I pulled them off with tread left still. Atchley is liking his alot too. I won't run pro comps, had too Manu problems with them. I know the truck will be getting MT's again, the question is which ones.

I haven't heard of too many people getting many miles out of the claws. Especially for that price. I'll stick to my nitto's

I have the atz's and love them. I was thinking about going with the claws too. I am also thinking about the bfg AT. I need something that will last. My atz's have over 50k on them and still good.

Cousin ran a set of 36'' claws on his 95 ram 1/2 ton for a while. Did lots of highway with them. For what they were they looked awesome, performed great in the sand, but did have their share of noise.

Had 33-13.5x18 claws first = suck! Got very loud only good thing was they didn't last very long <15k miles so I didn't have to listen to them anymore. Then tried the Toyo OC MT's with the same results. Only difference is the MT's wore flat where the claws were choppy. Best tire I've had so far is the Cepek Fun Country II's. Hated the way they looked at first but they wear FOREVER and stay quiet, will probably buy them again.

I loved the way the Claws looked but that's where their good qualities end. Friend had the MTZ's and they were noisy also.

I've never run the claws but last I've heard they are absolutely terrible on wet concrete, the person I heard from said he couldn't stop with them, said they would just slide all over and had to lock em up a few times just so he didn't rear end someone and even then they just kept sliding. Also heard they don't last long. although I wonder if shaving them would make them work better

Not sure on shavin them but I know if u put them on a old ford with the twin traction beam. Front axle. That's half wore out it will cut every other tread and in terms they pull great them but like like a tractor lol

I got 33x12.50x17's on my truck and i love them. I got a little over 30k miles on them and i should get at least another 10 out of them. They aren't to loud for a mud tire compared to the ones i have had in the past and they do fantastic in the mud. I will be getting these tires again when it comes time.

I do love my mtz's. They are holding up really well despite my driving style.

Hey Roach, seriously though, what size are those tires?

Im on my 5th set of ATZ....On the 3rd set of ATZ on the current truck and average 60K out of them. Alot of those miles are towning down the highway and in the mud on a jobsite

i have pro comp xtreme at's have about 60k on them and still ahve half the tread left. second set i've had and both set were great first set wore a little faster due to some burnouts.:hehe:

Back