Ballistic Joints???

NickTF

Single turbo turd.
I've searched a bunch and seem to have gotten the overall opinion that the ballistic joints are a nice product from this site. I have also heard there were issues keeping the joints from having to be constantly tightened when reading on more offroad oriented forums. I intend to buy the 3" forged ballistic joints at about $69/ea and want to see if anyone has any updated opinions on those joints. I plan to install them on the axle side of tractions bars I'm going to fab up. In any event, again, just looking to get opinions from those who have run their joints for any length of time. My truck is a street truck these days and may see a 1/4 mile pass here and there with sand and mud being the majority of offroad use it sees.

Thanks.

The new bushing they came out with are pretty good. I bought some when they were still using the old bushings and they were junk. They then actually called me and sent me the new bushings and they are still tight. Had them about a year or so.

Excellent, exact feedback I'm looking for! I had read they made to the bushings glad to hear they seamed to have solved the loosening issues. Any others?

I run them on my traction bars, both frame and axle side and haven't had an issue yet.

I had a set way back when on the control arms and they bent at the point where the threaded section joins the bushing housing. I think they were somewhere around 2.5". Have they improved on that? Does anyone know? I like them other than that.

I was also off roading a bit back then and really beat on the suspension, so there is that.

I would just put antiseize on the threads and keep them greased

They were great for snow and salt. I was living in the UP on Michigan, and going through heims twice a year....

I've had a set of the 2.63" ballistic joints for several months on the axle side of my bars. No complaints, but they are the weld on style.

Back