Balljoints - 96 4x4 2500

Kronic_187

Mekanical injection junky
Ive been runnin MOOG for the past few years, and every year i replace them. My truck see's everything for 24hr road trips from B.C to Manitoba, thousands of miles on gravel chasing my Rig, gets taken up every crap forest road within 4hrs ofmy house during hunting season.

Every year i have to replace balljoints, tierods and quite often have to find a knuckle or two if i leave it for two long.

Im looking into dyna trac balljoints, and custom made tierods with EMF joints...

Any ideas or suggestions boys?!?:Cheer::Cheer:

Im right there with you. Did ball joints again this year and used moog's. Pretty sure this is all about wheel offset, tire diameter, width and how vicious the springs are on these trucks.
oh yeah, DONT use cheap universal joints on the axles. I had one explode and it cost me 400$ in axle parts.
Wonder how long a kingpin D60 would last on one of these?

Swapping to the Super60 inner C's on out would give you bigger everything. That's the directly I would go. Only 2 issues would be tie rod location and wheel bolt pattern. That's the direction I'm looking at going.

looks like you can swap to an 8 lug hub but its still 170mm.
I sure like the idea though. Costs me so much to keep this axle going, an upgrade could pay for itself in 5 years or so.

From what I've read, MOOG parts don't last long in general.

I just pressed in some Dynatrac Ball joints in some knuckles that I should be bolting up next week. These should be far superior.

Those balljoints would put some serious hurt on my wallet.

I've got Dana OE Ball joint kits. $75 a kit plus the ride, a kit is upper and lower so it does one side of the truck.

It does seem like Moog is starting to sell out a bit. **** parts in a Moog box. Damn shame really.

Back