Banks 6-gun stacked with a Smarty tuner

dieselduck

O6 Cummins, anyone tried stacking a Smarty on top of a Banks 6-gun???
Banks doesn't recomend stacking period, and told me not to do it.
I know the 6-gun adds timing starting with level 4, is this a problem with possible Pre Detonation because of too much timing advance?

BanksExhaust, Cfm+ intake, Air dog Fp100, drop in K&N, 6-gun. The 6-gun has a soft petal feel, lathargic unless you run it on the speedloader level with the accelerator pump turned up to 200%. I am afraid to leave it on this level for fear of engine/Cp3 damage. Looking for quicker responce from the bottom, while keeping the on the fly ajustability of the 6-gun.

The Smarty alone can fuel enough to peg your pyro, and blow your stock trans to pieces. I would just use the Smarty POD and save for a built trans and turbo. There is no need for you waste money on more electronics when the truck cant handle what its got.

The POD is a Smarty that is adjustable on the fly, just in case you didnt know.:Cheer:

Welcome to the best damn performance diesel site on the internet.:rockwoot:

that stack sucks my neighbor has the same year truck same two programmers he now has his banks for sale, i would just stick to the smarty, maybe add a boost fooler too

Thanks for the info. Yes I looked at the Smarty website and at the POD. How does the Smarty POD work? Don't you have to plug it in to the diagnostic port to change tunes?

Right, it adjusts just like a triple dog would. Glad I could help.:Cheer:

Might look at getting rid of the CFM+ horn as well...they like to blow apart.

this def. is the best place for info...everyone seems to really know what works and how to help. its also anti-banks!!! lol truth be told gale banks is just a salesman...as for the cfm plus...he's right they blow...if you search on here a guy shattered one on a 6.0 powerstroke....not pretty!
id ebay both of those...S&B has an inexpensive intake that comes with a ton of threaded ports for your gauges!
when you're ready for the tranny parts, i def. recomend jeff garmon. he's a super nice guy and will help everyone anytime! good luck

That sucks about the CFM+ intake!:bang How much pressure will it safely hold? Thanks for the info in advance.:Cheer:

Stick with the smarty, and if you just want tuning on the fly go with the 6-gun.

Otherwise, ditch the 6-gun

Back