Banks Big Hoss/ Hypertech Stack!

TXDSLSHOP

Comp Diesel Sponsor
A customer brought in his VP truck the other day for a blown head gasket. I saw he had a few Banks stickers and was running the big hoss. I thought nothing of it until we got the head off and noticed he had been running some kind of new fangled pistons! (See below) Must bee something about the flower marks that cause better swirl or something! :doh: Can I get a little more timing please? I called him and he had forgotten to tell me he had stacked a Hypertech with it. The banks and Hypertech are coming off and a set of gauges, studs, and a Smarty are going on. We will see if we can get a little fuel inside the bowl this time. Just thought I would share. Jeremy.

Attachments

• CR Engine 001 (Custom).jpg
    CR Engine 001 (Custom).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 119
  • CR Engine 002 (Custom).jpg
    CR Engine 002 (Custom).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 119
Thats pretty sweet looking... because its not mine!

Sad to see some one cleaned the deck with a scotch bright pad, not the correct thing to use....

scot

No wonder neither of those performance products make any power. It's like pissing in the wind.

Don't like using cookies too much, deck had quite a bit of rust and build up. I always spend some time cleaning up afterwards and have never had a problem. Jeremy.

other than the flower pattern on top of the piston, what else is wrong?
I know from it being so clean that this is the cylinder that the anti freeze was getting into any thing else wrong?

does this truck belong to Jason Cotton in College Station? I know he had a hypertech on his truck and recently stacked it...then had issues

No, this one is from Nacadoches. As far as what else is wrong, not much now. The pattern is caused from fuel being injected early, it increases cylinder pressure. This one took out the head gasket before anything else happened. Jeremy.

Last edited:
No, this one is from Nacadoches. As far as what else is wrong, not much now. The pattern is caused from fuel being injected early, it increases cylinder pressure. This one took out the head gasket before anything else happened. Jeremy.

That pattern is crazy, you would think that the driver wouldn't notice a power increase using that stack.

i did the same thing before i knew any better and it did make a difference. i had the exact same stack. not no more

I didn't know the big hoss did timing???? I know the POS ottomind on my truck is fuel only, but it was good for 23hp and 110 ft/lbs on the dyno. lol

I must admit, I know absulutely nothing about Bank's and haven't had much luck with Hypertech. The truck came in on the hook and I thought nothing of it until we pulled the head. Not a good stack. Jeremy.

Back